Wheels- help me decide

LRF4N

Weak offsets? Youre fitting them to an MR2, how wide are you making the arches? :lol:

2 is 8J ET35 and 9J ET35 which is 40mm more front and rear on an SW20, same as this set http://tinyurl.com/jzsk5sh and the 5th lot as well. Add a 20mm spacer and I doubt youll find overs that will fit, never mind

The 18's are 18's but are lovely and quite cheap, the GTRs are not going to be the only set of 17's for sale for this money as well. And for me, youd be much better off spending the money on the rims and lows and not the rest of the car:

1174e24f62a41ded578680d053e18f55.jpg

• Like 1

Standard wheels sit deep into the arches so even 40mm won't give be much poke from the standard arches

Iv got abflug arches which give around 30mm on the back and 20 on the front

9j et20 will sit right at the front. 8j et35 won't

Mister 2's really suit TE37 style wheels. Especially white MR2 with white TE37's.

The Rotas of the same style aren't that expensive in a 17" flavour.

Iv always liked rota grids haven't ruled them out

Enkeis are really popular on the mr2 forums but there's not many I like. There were some with a really low offset in 17s but they were worth more than the car

I'm leaning towards the 16" JRs after seeing that black mr2. My missus said she preferred them out the 3 lol

They're also the cheapest out the lot

Il consider over the next few days

Il need to do some more digging. Most of the wide arch ones have 17s or 18s. There are some double staggered with 16s on the front. Might need to get them photoshopped

The other thing I'm unsure of with the JRs- for a low offset like 10 you would expect more depth to the wheel. Either a wider dish or more concave. But with the spoke design and stepped lip they seem quite flat for a 10 offset. Maybe it's just the pics

Il need to do some more digging. Most of the wide arch ones have 17s or 18s. There are some double staggered with 16s on the front. Might need to get them photoshopped

The other thing I'm unsure of with the JRs- for a low offset like 10 you would expect more depth to the wheel. Either a wider dish or more concave. But with the spoke design and stepped lip they seem quite flat for a 10 offset. Maybe it's just the pics

on one piece wheels the offset doesn't usually denote the dish sizes. for example look at works wheel on drift works you can get a 9.5 t7r with +38 and +12 both have the same measurements of the design face they just move the part that mounts to the hub in and out , where offset really makes a difference in dish is on 2pc wheels for example my work cr-2p you got more dish by lowering the offset which brang the whole center disk further inwards. What will give more dish/concave on a 1pc wheel will be its overall width.

you can get more depth 1pc wheels but not for the money your looking at ie £4-500, especially not in 5x114

unfortunately you have to make a sacrifice

In Budget + good fitment = poor design

In Budget + good design = poor fitment

Good design + good fitment = out of budget

if i was going the whole hog and doing a widebody build i would wanna hold back get some snazzy wheels