Insurance

scobie140

My insurance renewal is due next week, as the car stands just now it is still not supercharged but it will be getting SORN'd for the winter and will be fitting the kit over the winter/ spring while it is off the road. So i'd rather renew my insurance just now declaring the car as supercharged and know what i'm paying for the year rather than get a cheap renewal for how it sits just now only to get raped when i declare the fitting of the supercharger.

Currently with Aidrian flux but got a list of others to try (Bridle, PrestigeKeepMoving, ChrisKnott, SkyInsurance)

To what extent do you other forced induction guys go in declaring your boost mods? is it enough to just say its supercharged or do you need to list off everything that's been changed as per standard insurance?

Sounds a daft question but not sure how much detail the insurance companies need and would like to get this sorted as easily as possible.

Declare everything to stay legal

I'm with pace ward and sent them Everthing full parts list of the kit

What power it made the lot

And it worked out worthwhile when I had my accident :(

To insure mine it was 700 fully comp

That's going to more like a grand now after my claim

But hey ho life happens

There is no set answer to this. Each insurer will want different details, just give them what they ask for.

I would give them the bare minimum, within reason. Our Scoob has the Prodrive kit on it, so we declared that it has the PPP: We didn't declare it as a remap, an exhaust change, and a fuel pump. It is, but the term PPP covers all that anyway.

Declare everything to stay legal

I'm with pace ward and sent them Everthing full parts list of the kit

What power it made the lot

And it worked out worthwhile when I had my accident :(

To insure mine it was 700 fully comp

That's going to more like a grand now after my claim

But hey ho life happens

I always declare all my mods but I've never done anything as drastic as this before so wasn't sure how much detail they were expecting, My renewal is £410 i think with a long list of mods as it stands but I expect a jump up in price once I add the boost. I'll give Peace and ward a try as it seems to be mostly smaller companies that cover cars with long lists of modifications.

Most just require a hp figure as thats what they rate it on, on the most part though, I would say, vortech v2 or 3, uprated fuel system, intercooler, exhaust etc

That sounds a bit like common sense but how could you give them a figure for the day your taking it to be mapped, suppose that would be a grey area or you could just give them what you think it will make and if it's much different adjust it later on I suppose

There is no set answer to this. Each insurer will want different details, just give them what they ask for.

I would give them the bare minimum, within reason. Our Scoob has the Prodrive kit on it, so we declared that it has the PPP: We didn't declare it as a remap, an exhaust change, and a fuel pump. It is, but the term PPP covers all that anyway.

Makes sense as it only counts as one mod that way

I'll need to dedicate a day to sitting down phoning all the companies in the next few days

Its pretty general with Vortech stuff with regards to bhp, your never going to be a million miles away, just tell them you havent got a dyno fidure as yet but you expecting "x", sure they will be satisfied with that until you get it dyno'd.

Give REIS a try, excellent quotes and customer service.

My insurers at the time scobie when I had my FI Zed were Adrian Flux and they just asked for the Bhp level.

Obviously they knew about the other mods I had like my exhaust system, alloys etc too but generally all they needed to know was that it had a supercharger kit on it and what the power was after it was fitted. ;)

From what I remember you can get an "agreed value" policy from the insurers or you just give them a rough estimate of the value you perceive the car is after going FI which I guess should the worst happen you'd have to argue with the insurers to get that value.

From what I remember you can get an "agreed value" policy from the insurers or you just give them a rough estimate of the value you perceive the car is after going FI which I guess should the worst happen you'd have to argue with the insurers to get that value.

I'd be very careful with the latter: Unless specifically stated, you'll only get market value for the car MINUS the mods. Guaranteed value policy is the way to go if you're adding big mods like FI etc.

I'd be very careful with the latter: Unless specifically stated, you'll only get market value for the car MINUS the mods. Guaranteed value policy is the way to go if you're adding big mods like FI etc.

Yes this ^

I ended up with 50% of all declared mods back

But an agreed value was twice the price so all depends which way you chose to throw the dice

• Like 1

I'll stick REIS on the list to try as well

My insurers at the time scobie when I had my FI Zed were Adrian Flux and they just asked for the Bhp level.

Obviously they knew about the other mods I had like my exhaust system, alloys etc too but generally all they needed to know was that it had a supercharger kit on it and what the power was after it was fitted. ;)

Adrain flux have managed to beat everyone the last two years for me £400 for this year at renewal so expecting a few hundred more for this

Sky insurance are good. I was fully comp with them and with all modifications declared on a like for like basis.

Circa 900 quid it cost me.

Have you contacted Sky?

I've not contacted anyone yet Its due on the 14th so going to spend a day and just go through them all but will need to throw together a list of all the mods in detail so i'm prepared if that's how they want to do it.

Results so far;

Reis – modified insurance under review so can't insure me

http://www.bridleinsurance.co.uk/ £ call back, been a few days

http://www.prestigekeepmoving.com/ £ call back

http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/ over 100bhp increase so won't insure

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/ £810 like for like mods

http://www.paceward.com/ £ call back

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/ £ 484.40 mods like for like

​Looking like it will be a straight forward renewal with Adrian flux

Can't get over how cheap they have quoted for it all.