Nismo s-tune 350z

red or zed

Guys,

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/354339.htm

not very well versed on all things JDM, but this looks very different to the other s-tune which is for sale on here.

Anybody care to shed some light on this one. Certainly looks smart and sounds like its got some good bits added...

Matt

hmm says its track spec but yet he has never tracked it :dry:

woahh boy, im here!!

imports are like any car, youve just got to find a good one. As long as you Inspect it thoroughly then there fine. Theres too much stigma around about imports which really dates back to the early 90's, its a shame. I only ever needed brake pads, tyres and a service on my Z. My DC5 has been needed engine mounts but these are common for all k20 engines to go, including the UK civic, so again trouble free really.

The diff is meant to be harsh for the roads i read. So i guess its only any good on track. Nismo ecu isnt cheap either. I just wondered how they got a heated front screen, didnt think that was an option. Slightly overpriced for me, but if you want the bits then its worth it. They've also managed to integrate the foglight in the rear lights which is nice. Has it been lowered??

Needs a stubby though...:teeth:

lol- knew you'd be around to comment!

valid comments there tho mate- price is a little high for an import but the mods would i guess amount to quite a bit, although we all know mods dont add to value...

was basically a question as to what the model was really as i didnt know much about the s-tune model.

O/T- were you at donny the other day? saw a post on the other channel with some pics and a mention of your name and the presence of a white DC5 with a big black spoiler made me put 2 and 2 together and get....

?

lol- knew you'd be around to comment!

valid comments there tho mate- price is a little high for an import but the mods would i guess amount to quite a bit, although we all know mods dont add to value...

was basically a question as to what the model was really as i didnt know much about the s-tune model.

O/T- were you at donny the other day? saw a post on the other channel with some pics and a mention of your name and the presence of a white DC5 with a big black spoiler made me put 2 and 2 together and get....

?

Yup that was me, check the "trackday" section on here :teeth:

Also it isnt a S-tune 350z. Its a standard Z with 1 or 2 s-tune parts added to it.

woahh boy, im here!!

imports are like any car, youve just got to find a good one. As long as you Inspect it thoroughly then there fine. Theres too much stigma around about imports which really dates back to the early 90's, its a shame. I only ever needed brake pads, tyres and a service on my Z. My DC5 has been needed engine mounts but these are common for all k20 engines to go, including the UK civic, so again trouble free really.

The diff is meant to be harsh for the roads i read. So i guess its only any good on track. Nismo ecu isnt cheap either. I just wondered how they got a heated front screen, didnt think that was an option. Slightly overpriced for me, but if you want the bits then its worth it. They've also managed to integrate the foglight in the rear lights which is nice. Has it been lowered??

Sinbad,

Does your DC5 torque steer when you give it some beans - a friend has one (just imported) and it's virtually undriveable when laying down the power - cant keep it in a straight line?

Sorry for the hijack :blush:

Graham

woahh boy, im here!!

Sinbad,

Does your DC5 torque steer when you give it some beans - a friend has one (just imported) and it's virtually undriveable when laying down the power - cant keep it in a straight line?

Graham

No it doesnt torque steer as such, i do find that the diff likes to wonder on uneven roads though. On flat surfaces i dont have any problems, where with torque steer you'd still get the car pulling to one side. Tell him to get a Fast road setup, its meant to work wonders, especially if he gets a set of springs too. For me the ride was the worst thing on the car, brakes are by far better then the 350 and my previous STi.

I just sold my CAT-Back exhaust today and the car sounds lifeless :dry:

If he's looking to mod it, tell him i have a KPRO for sale, the cheapest he'll find anywhere im sure. :thumbs:

woahh boy, im here!!

Sinbad,

Graham

No it doesnt torque steer as such, i do find that the diff likes to wonder on uneven roads though. On flat surfaces i dont have any problems, where with torque steer you'd still get the car pulling to one side. Tell him to get a Fast road setup, its meant to work wonders, especially if he gets a set of springs too. For me the ride was the worst thing on the car, brakes are by far better then the 350 and my previous STi.

If he's looking to mod it, tell him i have a KPRO for sale, the cheapest he'll find anywhere im sure. :thumbs:

Yeah he seems to be having the problems on the B roads - thanks for that. Whats a KPRO? I'll let him know.

woahh boy, im here!!

Sinbad,

Graham

Yeah he seems to be having the problems on the B roads - thanks for that. Whats a KPRO? I'll let him know.

Yeah it does wonder abit on b-roads, anything uneven really. Maybe worth telling him to get the tracking done. I found the DC5 to be selective on tyres too, so if he hasnt got "E" marked tyres on or there pretty worn id get him to swap them. Goodyear F1's (german made ones) are meant to be the best all round tyre for the DC5. Ive had AVS sports, Bridgestones 050A's, Bridgstone RE010R's and Hankook RS'2's which have all been very good with the last two being more of a dry tyre.

KPRO is a mappable ecu made by Hondata and regarded as one of the better ecu's if not the best ecu to have especially for a fast road car. S2000's, DC5's and EP3's can all use them. They retail at around £750 before mapping. obviously mines abit cheaper than that.