advice on accident tonight

wilo

okay guys i was in an accident tonight when some tw4t forced me to hit a curb at high speed .

my nsf rota alloy is bent and my braided brake line punctured .

can the alloy be repaired?

not got a pic of actual alloy but found one on google image thats very similar damage .

there is also a crack in the alloy where it starts bending outward .

also iv checked bottom arm and strut tops which seem fine but is there any thing else which could of suffered on impact that needs checking ....cheers

"Can the alloy be repaired?"

Well yes is the answer but personally I'd never risk it imho if your alloy looks anything like the above or worse.

I'd just bin it and get another one. It may cost you £150 or whatever for a new alloy but it is definitely cheaper then having a damaged/repaired alloy that fails causing you to crash & damage your car (although I'm sure most professionally repaired alloys are safe it's just personally I wouldn't risk it for the cost of an alloy).

Your choice.

I found this place online if you did want to look at possibly repairing your alloy: http://www.alloywheelrepairs.net/

:thumbs:

• Like 1

thanks for the advice guys .

the car is 20 miles away as the spare wouldn't fit due the tuner nuts not locking up enough .

im going to recover it using a wheel spacer and get towed back via static arm as iv no brakes now the braided hose has torn through.

i was travelling down a dark unlit road and some idiot came flying the other way just as the road narrows to single file and it was either hit him/her or jump the curb ....so i recon i hit the curb at 60mph ( hindsight i should of been going slower) .

two mechanics stopped and noticed the front braided hoses have been rubbing through a while and stated the crash was "a blessing in disguise" as my brakes would of failed anyway in the near future .

You can't recover it using a static arm, as the brakes are knackered. 750kg is the limit for unbraked stuff.

There may also be an issue with towing when the rear wheels are on the ground, and possibly damaging the transmission. I don't know if that's applicable to the Zed though.

Basically, you need to get it on a flatbed.

If you haven't bent a steering arm too, I'll be astonished. but don't worry, I picked one up for 15 quid off Jon @ Emperor for mine, or Zmanalex will have one too I expect.

Sounds like you were lucky to see the brake lines, hope you have a word with whoever fitted them? (If it was you, sorry mate, maybe punch yourself in the face a bit? lol). I've read a few articles on brake line installation on the Z lately, and most instructions seem to recommend an extra bracket, probably for this reason. I'm sure you know more about it than I do, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Get it on a flatbed mainly since you can't know all of what's happened underneath the car until you lift it, you may end up doing more damage.

• Like 2

If you haven't bent a steering arm too, I'll be astonished. but don't worry, I picked one up for 15 quid off Jon @ Emperor for mine, or Zmanalex will have one too I expect.

Sounds like you were lucky to see the brake lines, hope you have a word with whoever fitted them? (If it was you, sorry mate, maybe punch yourself in the face a bit? lol). I've read a few articles on brake line installation on the Z lately, and most instructions seem to recommend an extra bracket, probably for this reason. I'm sure you know more about it than I do, just thought I'd mention it. :)

Get it on a flatbed mainly since you can't know all of what's happened underneath the car until you lift it, you may end up doing more damage.

This! Agreed! i would also be very surprised...if fact flabbergasted if there was no other damage from hitting a curb at that sort of speed,

You are very very lucky, and this accident has probably saved your life by alerting you to the potential brake failure problem, i am sure you can imagine a similar scenario .....but with no brakes.

I hope your luck holds with getting it fixed cheaply..............and i would be out buying some lottery tickets if i where you.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 1