240Z

cascade88

Not so sure the ride height helps the looks at all..... :thumbdown:

OK so that is necessary so the owner says for the sump to clear speed humps, although it might make a lovely noise I'm sorry it just doesn't look right in my eyes and do wonder about the handling on our B roads as a result. :shrug:

• Like 2

Not so sure the ride height helps the looks at all..... :thumbdown:

OK so that is necessary so the owner says for the sump to clear speed humps, although it might make a lovely noise I'm sorry it just doesn't look right in my eyes and do wonder about the handling on our B roads as a result. :shrug:

He says;

The engine sits on custom CNC-machined mounts to lift the sump to a level suitable for this day and age of evil speed bumps.

Nothing mentioned about the ride height as far as I could see.

Plus as it's on adjustable coilovers I imagine you'd be able to lower it or change the springs to lower it with the only problems possibly arising being clearance in the arches for the tyres (maybe only a problem for the front tyres on full lock?!).

As far as handling on our B-roads I'd be willing to bet money that it handles a lot better than a standard Nissan 240Z from 1973. All imho. ;)

Very nice B) , but 30k :scare:. Fitting a V8 doesn't add any value to a classic car, much in the way that fitting a V8 Rover engine to a Triumph Stag doesn't increase the value. Classic cars of that age need to be as near to original as possible to have a high value and not highly modded like this. I mean it's a stunning car (apart from the ride height) and I'm sure it's had thousands spent on it but the asking price is way to high IMHO.

Pete

I remember this car being for sale a couple of years ago before the bodywork was done, as I was tempted. It was blue back then with slot mags, I have the pics somewhere on my laptop. I think it was up for about 12k then.

zhill6_zpssdqeeg7a.jpgzhill7_zpsbm5xvivl.jpg

zhill1_zpsam72cnpr.jpgzhill2_zpsd01c4y31.jpgzhill3_zps6jyfjie6.jpg

The original build thread and the engine conversion etc can be found on the zclub website if I remember right.

I really like it in its new guise, but the wheels are just wrong. It could pull off big modern wheels, but they need tucking in the arches.

But £30k is very steep!!

It seems is a copy of one in the US from years back (that I loved) that had a skyline engine in it.

240z4_zps0abb9353.jpg240z2_zpsfa835b4f.jpg240z1_zpsfd9a053d.jpg240z_zpsdf0ef80a.jpg240z3_zpsdbcd31b7.jpg

• Like 2