leather dye for orange/tan

wilo

parts of my leather orange/tan seats and under my steering wheel are looking alittle worn and wondered where you guys get your leather dyes from?

looked on ebay and searched 350z leather dyes but the only one i can find available is black .

can someone point me in the right direction please

Its a tough old job Wilo.

To get a quality lasting repair you cant just whack it on from a kit.

For a kick off youll be using a sponge or cloth which can give a dreadful finish. It needs to be airbrushed on really.

Also you need to he keying the surface, applying leather bonders and a leather lacquer to seal it in.

If you really want to give it a go then speak to Buffalo Leather. I think they keep the colour on the system

This is a zed i did. Not a fantastic turnaround but acceptable for what the customer wanted

d1fc8c3ddbc1eab90b9f9b1484dd2228.jpg54cd523e840f0b7b51c5ee277262d023.jpg

Can be effective if you get it right though.

360 Modena coming up nicely

f8e2ef78aa56616bc5a71213350d9b05.jpg83425c29ae9775b642a1536343e1060c.jpg04ec0b533b41514c78604a5d24701d17.jpga356df1918611c0a279219a7d8126d03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tbh i could live with that result ricey ..

im not looking for a show room finish but simply a kit that will tidy up things .there's no rips and the bolsters are not to bad ...just a little worn .

any ideas on what i would be paying for a complete kit and how long did it take you to get that seat done ?

Who was the company 4re used? Buffalo or something? They had a perfect match for Alezan and they do kits.

these are the guys and the kit you need, look for tan (in the drop down list)

it's done a excellent job on my seats.

http://www.buffalole...-repair-kit.htm

cheers mate.

i have just taken a look at the link and am i right you get 4 different shades of tan colour in the kit ?

which one did you use for your seats

Who was the company 4re used? Buffalo or something? They had a perfect match for Alezan and they do kits.

cheers mate.

i have just taken a look at the link and am i right you get 4 different shades of tan colour in the kit ?

Theyre the guys i use.

As i said before though the method of application and prep is the key thing.

Also less is definitely more. Dont assume more repair pigment gives a stronger finish. You need just enough to get the result you want.

Thats why an airbrush always gives a better finish and repair.

The repair itself prob took me an hour but mixing the pigment took me 1.5 hours (i do it myself as i dont have time to wait for jackie to send me the premix out)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I used a scuff master kit on my 350 - however it was only to do the beading around the edge of the seat. Provided was a tan / orange dye with a white dye and a darker orange to mix to get the right colour.

The finish will never be as good as using a professional, such as Ricey, but was a quick fix for me.

I used hardly any of it and have most left if you want it - pm me your address. Obviously I accept no responsibility for the results or quality of your work :)

• Like 1

I used a scuff master kit on my 350 - however it was only to do the beading around the edge of the seat. Provided was a tan / orange dye with a white dye and a darker orange to mix to get the right colour.

The finish will never be as good as using a professional, such as Ricey, but was a quick fix for me.

I used hardly any of it and have most left if you want it - pm me your address. Obviously I accept no responsibility for the results or quality of your work :)

cheers mate iv sent you a pm

cheers mate.

you get one small bottle of tan (Alezan) and various other bottles to make the colour lighter or darker if needed, so it's trial & error till you get the right shade.

the Alezan was pretty much spot on, so didn't need to add anything else.

then I used satin spray sealant which they also sell

• Like 1

cheers mate.

you get one small bottle of tan (Alezan) and various other bottles to make the colour lighter or darker if needed, so it's trial & error till you get the right shade.

the Alezan was pretty much spot on, so didn't need to add anything else.

then I used satin spray sealant which they also sell

thanks for the headsup .

glad the Alexan supplied in the kits is pretty much bang on but ill test on a hidden area first :)

• Like 1