oil pressure since mods done

wilo

hey guys i posted a thread about my oil pressure when i first bought the car in june as was idling about 15-20 psi.

any how consenses was it was in range for a high milage 2004 DE .

Anyhow ....iv just had a

plenum spacer

miltek resonator bypassed

and a GT spec throttle controller fitted .

due to yorks sh1tty weather iv only just been able to take her out for a decent run since the mods fitted last week .

every thing was okay for 90% of the journey and oil pressure was reading 20psi at idle untill about 5 mile from home on the return journey when it started to read about 10psi every time i stopped at a junction etc .

any ideas guys ?

could any of the mods be related to oil pressure? ....pics to follow

did you check or change oil when you first got it? have you done either since you got it?

yes i check it religiously mate.

also its just had a full service done .

i checked oil yesterday morning from cold and it was just slightly under max

SP10 on the throttle setting will Deffo make it sensitive to say the least lol If I'm not running it on Norm, I'm on SP07 for me and I have all the mods etc as well..apart from remap

i cant go back to normal now lol.

love SP10 the difference is night and day and my preferred driving setting .

i too am also awaiting a remap to complete the mods but dare not spend any more money with Xmas coming up so that will be done in the new year depending on the outcome of the oil pressure issue

• Like 1

if you are worried put a independent gauge on it but thats looks pretty normal to me and i wouldnt worry about it

where would i get a gauge from that fits .and does yours idle as low as mine

I've never owned a DE but seen one or two . You can get them on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MECHANICS-MECHANICAL-REMOTE-MASTER-ENGINE-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-TESTING-KIT-WR-/122122671367?hash=item1c6f141507:m:mOf-43SW0dGtHIgdq7Dzk0A

• Like 1

if you are worried put a independent gauge on it but thats looks pretty normal to me and i wouldnt worry about it

where would i get a gauge from that fits .and does yours idle as low as mine

I've never owned a DE but seen one or two . You can get them on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MECHANICS-MECHANICAL-REMOTE-MASTER-ENGINE-OIL-PRESSURE-GAUGE-TESTING-KIT-WR-/122122671367?hash=item1c6f141507:m:mOf-43SW0dGtHIgdq7Dzk0A

cheers Rich and by the description it quotes most cars require 10psi for 1000RPM so maybe its not so bad unless 350s require more pressure
  • Like 1

On a separate note my alternator read similar just before it packed in, replaced and it shows a healthy 14.2v

mmmm i was waiting for someone to notice that too.

it does seem lower than normal but i was more preoccupied with oil pressure and forgot about it .

is it certainly the alternator or can a failing battery give similar readings on the gauge

Battery is shown on ignition on, alternator chare rate is shown when engine running. Fingers crossed all is ok mind

so am i thinking correct ...

if i go to the car this morning and it is an alternator problem ....

when i turn (just) the ignition on it will display under 12 volts showing battery hasnt been charging properly?

Noticed on mine last night that the voltage was the same as yours, with radio, lights, heating and seats on etc. Obviously load on the alternator will create varience. Is mine dying too?

mmmm mine wasnt under load at the time and not had chance to recheck it yet as she is in bits on the drive while centre console etc is getting sprayed .hopefully will have her back on the road tomorrow and test again