Be safe chaps and chappesses...

Digsy

Glad I can see my car from my bedroom and kitchen windows so I can just blip it from in the house, and if a window is broken I'll just leave it til the morning from now on!

+1. My car is surrounded by 3 other cars so anyone trying to steal it will have to move the others first :)

It shouldnt be the case that we can say "good job mines in the garage", or "glad mines boxed in".

We should be able to take more appropriate measures to protect our property from these types of moron. Preferably the kind that results in their removal from the gene pool.

Whats the bets that if those people were found, they get less in the way of punishment than the owner of the car would if he had a slightly mis spaced number plate. If they had been under the age of 17 they would no doubt not be named for legal reasons, given a stern telling off and asked nicely not to do it again.

The best thing this country can do to get itself back in shape is disband groups like "Liberty" and its tree hugging hippy contingent, and get back to dishing out real deterents to criminals without the fear of some human rights activist chaining themselves to Downing Street.

It shouldnt be the case that we can say "good job mines in the garage", or "glad mines boxed in".

We should be able to take more appropriate measures to protect our property from these types of moron. Preferably the kind that results in their removal from the gene pool.

Whats the bets that if those people were found, they get less in the way of punishment than the owner of the car would if he had a slightly mis spaced number plate. If they had been under the age of 17 they would no doubt not be named for legal reasons, given a stern telling off and asked nicely not to do it again.

The best thing this country can do to get itself back in shape is disband groups like "Liberty" and its tree hugging hippy contingent, and get back to dishing out real deterents to criminals without the fear of some human rights activist chaining themselves to Downing Street.

Very true - if you were to 'hurt' the people going after your car you would most likely face far worse consequences than if they stole your pride and joy and drove it 130 mph through housing estates or ram raiding shops.

My dad caught a bloke trying to nick the radio out of his car, my dad hit him repeatedly with the car door (he was half in) and called the police. The bloke got let off, not even a telling off. My dad was interviewed and was told he was very lucky but was not going to be prosecuted this time but they would be 'watching' him.

Very true - if you were to 'hurt' the people going after your car you would most likely face far worse consequences than if they stole your pride and joy and drove it 130 mph through housing estates or ram raiding shops.

My dad caught a bloke trying to nick the radio out of his car, my dad hit him repeatedly with the car door (he was half in) and called the police. The bloke got let off, not even a telling off. My dad was interviewed and was told he was very lucky but was not going to be prosecuted this time but they would be 'watching' him.

Was just about to comment about the potential consequences of fighting back. It is a sad world we live in when people such as your father get in trouble for defending what they have worked to get.

My soon to be father in law suffered repeated vandalism of his property, and numerous times called the police who showed little interest at all, received a visit several weks after calling each time and nothing was ever done.

So he took it upon himself to take photos of the scum doing it (aged in their early teens and lower). About half an hour later he had a visit from the boys in blue as there had been reports of him taking photos of children (that were made by the parents of one of the vile little walking abortions). He got a warning not to do it again and they would see what they an do about stopping the vandalism.

Well the vandalism stopped alright, but my parents in law had to move home to stop it. The parents of the scum had a talking to, which resulted in nothing being done other than a very significant increase in the amount of abuse he received as the scum (and their parents) thought it funny that the police couldn't do anything.

The effects of this harrasment had other effects on my parents in law which Id rather not go into, but to give you some idea, I was very close to sorting this out with a few cash in hand rewards to to the local "travellers" if they could assist in these scumbags suddenly dissappearing.

The powers that be seriously need to get a grip on these issues and should not let any hippy human rights liberty crap get in the way.

Just edited to add, I dont blame the boys in blue, but the suits writing the policies and targets for the boys in blue. Im sure many joined the force to do their bit to improve society and catch criminals and they will no doubt be as depressed as anyone, if not more so, that they cant do what they hoped they could.

AMEN !!! HALLELUJAH !!! PREACH IT BROTHER !!!!

+3 Everything Chesterfield says is right, most of the deterrents are just not there any more to discourage such scum. Human rights - none if you are a victim of perpretated crime but there by the bucket loads if it is suggested you are the perpretrator. :rant:

Victor Meldrew (at it again).

+1 besides my garage door is within shotgun range of my bedroom window :teeth:

One advantage of garaging my car. Out of sight out of mind

I'm afriad that is no protection at all - as we know these cars are stolen to order or for a purpose - my mate had his door kicked in one night and a gang burst in on him and his missus to get the car keys (a Scubby also) they did'nt get away with it as they were interupted by neighbours but its likely it was being stolen for a job - based on other info of things that were happening around that area.

Bottom line even scum bags do their research - my mate thinks the house was being watched and they waited for an opportune time. Fortunately they were both ok but shaken by the experience as you can imagine.

I have to admit as much as I am saving to get a Zed ragtop - this is a concern for me and may yet decide not to?

Zeds are very nice cars and likely stolen to order? Unfortunately we do live in a scumbag society its not right and Police resources are scarce , when did you see a copper walk down your street last?

Sorry for the gloom but this is the world we have. Always be aware of your surroundings and keep your eyes peeled- your life is worth more than any car? :thumbs:

One advantage of garaging my car. Out of sight out of mind

I'm afriad that is no protection at all - as we know these cars are stolen to order or for a purpose - my mate had his door kicked in one night and a gang burst in on him and his missus to get the car keys (a Scubby also) they did'nt get away with it as they were interupted by neighbours but its likely it was being stolen for a job - based on other info of things that were happening around that area.

Bottom line even scum bags do their research - my mate thinks the house was being watched and they waited for an opportune time. Fortunately they were both ok but shaken by the experience as you can imagine.

I have to admit as much as I am saving to get a Zed ragtop - this is a concern for me and may yet decide not to?

Zeds are very nice cars and likely stolen to order? Unfortunately we do live in a scumbag society its not right and Police resources are scarce , when did you see a copper walk down your street last?

Sorry for the gloom but this is the world we have. Always be aware of your surroundings and keep your eyes peeled- your life is worth more than any car? :thumbs:

Who orders a Nissan to be stolen? Scoobys and Evo's will be as they have 5 doors and a boot and can be used in burglaries etc. What good would a zed roadster be to a thief?

People order Ferrari's and stuff to be stolen. They pay someone £20k or so to nick a £100k car........... :dry:

People order Ferrari's and stuff to be stolen. They pay someone £20k or so to nick a £100k car........... :dry:

Actually it's more like £2k for "stolen to order" cars.

I have a double garage at the end of my driveway. One door is permanently left open and I have a metal fence across the opening. My two Rottweilers have a kennel inside the garage and can obviously see out all the time. My car is parked on the driveway, directly in front of the Rotties and my house is to the right overlooking the garage and the driveway. My property is at the head of a cul-de-sac and facing a lake, so very few people or vehicles approach my house. Anyone that does sets the Dogs off barking, which lets me know someone is about who probably shouldn't be.

When the Dogs bark I usually go to a Window to have a look and I have seen several scroats making a run for it, obviously surprised at the Dogs being there. They come on foot around the lake, and beat a hasty retreat in the same direction. Most often it seems like they think the garage door has been left open by accident and they think they can get in and steal something, which is hilarious when the Dogs leap up at the fence barking and baring their teeth.

One night I was in an upstairs room and saw a skinny lanky scroat - typical drug abusing petty thief looking to steal something he can sell for a tenner for his next fix - creeping across in front of the closed garage door, heading for the open one. I could see both Dogs were at the fence and seemed to know he was coming, so I watched and couldn't help laughing my ass off at what was about to happen. The guy almost leaped out of his skin and I swear to God Linford Christie wouldn't have kept up with him when he scarpered.

I've lived here about 3 years now and for the past 18 months it's been very quiet. The scum seem to have learned they can't get near the house or the cars because the of the Dogs barking and letting everyone know scroats are about.

So this is my tip if your worried about your car or your house getting burgled, get a Dog or two, preferably large and noisy, Rotties are ideal and have a kennel built close to the thing you want to protect :thumbs:

As for this poor bloke getting a battering well being set about with baseball bats is one thing and pure cowardice on their parts. Lets face it creeping about in the dark is a very cowardly crime. But defending yourself against three "armed" men is self defence and no court in the land would convict you for sending them to A+E wearing their bats internally.

Who orders a Nissan to be stolen

Do you really think these people have brains ???

a £20-£29K car is still a £20-£29K car - be it sold , exported, complete or stripped for parts, there is huge money in parts dont be fooled.

OK you get a £20K car and sell it for £10K - hmm lets think thats £10K profit!! Obviously you need someone to sort out plates id, duplication of another car etc etc but its still £10K for nowt! Bar-stewards they deserve to be put on hold to Nissan UK indefinitely and forced to watch daytime Telly! :angry:

Anyway just watch yourselves people if someone comes at you with a soddin bat for your keys just give it them for goodness sakes - its a car your more valuable than that !!

+1 besides my garage door is within shotgun range of my bedroom window :teeth:

With you on that one Lomoto, its a bit like that round here. Had a guy trying to sell me something from a very nice list of cars a year ago. I didnt want the leather suite he had in the van so this was his next offer. A couple of Boxters etc. Obviously been nicked to order.

He did make one mistake though, he gave me a business card with his name and tel number on in case I changed my mind.

Passed it on ;)