The undertray bolts.

mr v6

All I want to do is a simple oil change. It seems these 10mm bolts in those silly clips are halting me. Just tonight I've loosened a few, but one decided to spin & break the housing it was in. This us now stopping keeping the front lip up, good job I have cable ties.

Not only do I want to do the oil change, at the same time I want to replace both of the drive belts.

Am I missing an obvious trick anywhere?

No they are a nightmare, mine same as you was held up with cable ties especially where they meet inner wheel linings

Gave up and bought a new sheet metal undertray from Adrian @ Torqen best thing I ever done, perfect fit and come with all new fittings

You will get hacked off with the old one lol it done my head in, all my bolts nearly sheared when I removed It totally to replace with the new one

Good luck and try plenty of WD40 and wait a while

Edited by Wizza2000
  • Like 1

I knew this was coming :lol: . Why do you people goad me into buying more bling for my Z? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My problem is, when I try to undo them with a socket I can feel the resistance, so back it off in the hope it loosens up. Next, it breaks the tab it's sat in on the bumper, that leaves it with nothing for it to bolt to. So I have an undertray that would normally bolt to the holes on the front bumper, but those are now split due to rust.

On another note, I still have the factory front lip.