Dealer Experiences

KS2006

Hi All,

Thought it would be easier to start a new topic rather than bump mu original problem thread with my car. Not sure if this is the correct section to ask in but lets give it a go.

Basically I checked with a couple of dealers and you will only get a courtesy/loan car if you pre-book for a service - and you have to sort out your own insurance cover. Otherwise there is little or no chance of a car so your on your own.

I wrote a complaint letter to Nissan (after my experiences) to which the reply was it's not Nissan policy to provide loan/hire car in the case of warranty issues - they said they do provide big discounts to the dealers to allow them to purchase cars to be used for courtesy cars.

So in effect they are saying - any issue where your car is undriveable due to warranty/parts issues - make sure you have a 2nd car. I personally haven't got space etc to keep a 500 quid beater just in case - my Z is my daily car.

Just want to know what other owners experiences have been in particular with Nissan but other makes I'd be interested aswell. Has anyone had their Z off road for any period if so did your dealer go the extra mile? Are the prestige brands BMW,Audi etc better in this respect.

Cheers

My original dealer has closed down but they always offered a courtesy car for both warranty work and services. I'm booked into a new dealer next week for a service and have been offered a car for the day albeit its a Micra.

My previous car was a 5 series BMW and not only did the dealer give me a car, a Mini Cooper, they delivered it to my office picked up my car and returned it after the work was done.

Ive never had a courtesy car from Nissan - even whenthey had my roadster for a couple of weeks and still didnt get one even after they managed to order the wrong wheel for it, delaying the car for even longer (they go off the chassis number rather than actually looking what wheels are on the car).

The Seat dealers seem to be able to rustle one up at short notice, so dont think its prestige brand that counts for anything - just how tight fisted the dealer network is.

Always offered the Micra when they are working on the car. No quibbles and even get an apology because its only a Micra. Never had to put petrol in it ( although dont go any further than I have to). Alternatively they are happy to pick up and drop off my car for servicing, 50 mile round trip.

Heard of a few dealers charging £20 for the Micra.

Do not have a need for a courtesy car as a NISSAN dealer is in walking distance and I have no issues that couldn't be done the same day on either current Zed or the one before.

But, in terms of customer care, the Honda garage we use for my wifes car couldn't be more helpful - we are 15 miles distance - they will come and collect her Jazz and deliver it back or we can use a loan car. No charge either option and with the loan car just refill the fuel used and sign their insurance thingy about £250 excess for damage (fair enough). I opt for the loan car - chance to try something different - CRV's, latest Civic's etc. They also will do small fix-its while you wait (adjust door closing etc) - no charge or paperwork just good old-fashioned 'service' :)

I have always had a courtesy car included from any of the dealers I have gone to. Albeit a Micra, but it didn't cost me a thing. Have we found a reason why southern services cost more??? :p

No we're just friendlier and more helpful up North :p:p

I've had a courtesy car once. A few times I have booked a courtesy car & they have given it to someone else before I got there :rant: Wessex in Cardiff charge £5 for the courtesy car & they also charge you per mile after a set amount of miles

My dealer offered my a courtesy car for when she goes in to get the boot fixed (broken since taking delivery!) and like Martin, they apologised that its only a Micra.

As for other marques.

My Mazda dealer always gave me a courtesy car whenever the car was booked in for any kind of work

On more than one occasion when there was no car available they slung me the keys for one of the demonstrators.

I ended up with an MX5 Sport 2.0 for a weekend away in Scotland as the car was in getting some work done (they broke it!) so I had a Kia Ceed to start with, but when I explained I was going on holiday they gave me the MX5 (after a bit of persuision from me granted.)

My dealer offered my a courtesy car for when she goes in to get the boat fixed (broken since taking delivery!) and like Martin, they apologised that its only a Micra.

As for other marques.

My Mazda dealer always gave me a courtesy car whenever the car was booked in for any kind of work

On more than one occasion when there was no car available they slung me the keys for one of the demonstrators.

I ended up with an MX5 Sport 2.0 for a weekend away in Scotland as the car was in getting some work done (they broke it!) so I had a Kia Ceed to start with, but when I explained I was going on holiday they gave me the MX5 (after a bit of persuision from me granted.)

Youve broken your boat :scare:

If the car is getting warranty work then you are entitled to a courtesy car!

I called NMGB and got a code thing. I showed up at the dealers and got a mondeo diesel from enterprise. It was better than a micra!

Never used them for anything else, they should be able to pick up and drop off your car to you anyway!

If the car is getting warranty work then you are entitled to a courtesy car!

I called NMGB and got a code thing. I showed up at the dealers and got a mondeo diesel from enterprise. It was better than a micra!

Never used them for anything else, they should be able to pick up and drop off your car to you anyway!

Tell us more - didn't know of that :surrender:

Yep. It was a while ago but I called NMGB and complained and they stated that if the car is booked in for warranty work then Nissan WILL supply a courtesy car whether the dealer has or not. The bill goes to NMGB via the dealer I believe.

Being a moaning beggar gets you everywhere!

Wessex in Cardiff charge £5 for the courtesy car & they also charge you per mile after a set amount of miles

They've never charged me for a courtesy car. Maybe because I purchased my Zed from them.

Really? The last time I had my primera serviced there they were going to charge me £5 - this was about 6 weeks ago

I never bother anymore, Id rather sit there waiting and take the morning off work for it

Wessex in Cardiff charge £5 for the courtesy car & they also charge you per mile after a set amount of miles

They've never charged me for a courtesy car. Maybe because I purchased my Zed from them.

Really? The last time I had my primera serviced there they were going to charge me £5 - this was about 6 weeks ago

I never bother anymore, Id rather sit there waiting and take the morning off work for it

Interesting. Maybe they've changed their policy since I was in there last. I've got to book mine in for a P2 in a few weeks time. If they try and charge me for a courtesy car I shall not be happy.