Popping sound with the exhaust

Banz

Pardon for being ignorant. When I'm changing gear, if I apply throttle before I release the clutch fully. It makes a loud bang/pop sound. Is this bad for the car? I'm guessing it isn't too good, cos I got the slip light temporary on by doing that.

And what's the correct term for this?

Edited by Banz

haha yes I meant popping and not pooping.

Yes it is running decat.

It only happens when I try to drive it too aggressively. By opening the throttle before the clutch is full released. It does sound really nice, but I don't want to be doing that if it isn't good for the car.

• Like 1

haha yes I meant popping and not pooping.

Yes it is running decat.

It only happens when I try to drive it too aggressively. By opening the throttle before the clutch is full released. It does sound really nice, but I don't want to be doing that if it isn't good for the car.

Sounds like overfuelling due to decats, have you had Up-Rev tune yet? I haven't yet and mine does this alot because of it, however apprently if you go to get the Up-Rev tune and like that sort of thing you can request pops and bangs on the overrun.

As funny as your accidental spelling mistake was Banz I thought I better edit the title for you in this instance just to make it easier for other members to search for should they have the same query.

Not sure many Zed owners would be searching for "pooping exhaust" you see. :dry::lol::D

• Like 1