Newbie Import or UK?

Hi all,

I'm new to 350z's, i'm looking to buy one imminently for around 12.5k. I can't decide between an import (already in the UK) or a UK model. Apart from the obvious (indicators, km-miles, capped at 115mph and price) i can't see any difference. Any tips on what to go for?

Also if i do get an import i've been quoted £1000/yr for insurance, whereas it's only £400 for a uk.

any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I guess it's a preference thing. I dont know all that much abotu the imports, but it is available with a tiptronic box.

Cheaper to buy (a little) so you could get a newer car, but then you will suffer on the resale.

Welcome to the forum though!

Where about you from?

:welcome:

For that money my guess would be any UK one would be hard worn already, so would lean towards import, plenty of happy people with theirs on here.

There does seem to be a much bigger range of specs on import to be aware of so I guess the Search button becomes your friend.

Enjoy the forum

you wont get a uk for 12.5k..................

but you will get a crappy jdm that has been crashed for that money......... :thumbs:

I resent that! - I payed 11k for my 02 model (JDM) and there is nothing wrong with it at all! As far as insurance goes, yes I pay £1000/year but thats cos I have no no-claims; with full no claims bonus you should get a lot cheaper

:yahoo: I'm in just purchased a 52 plate import, only 16k miles! My first question is how do i get rid of that annoying beep when I put it into reverse! :lol:

If you find out how to get rid of the beep let us know. It's been pissing me off for nearly two years!

Oh, and :welcome: by the way.