Well the time has come, i got a new toy.

StevoD

I'm not a bike guy at all but I can appreciate a good looking fast machine & that looks like one to me. B)

Enjoy it Steve & ride safe. ;)

Cheer's dude. if I'm honest it's more of a 600cc sport bike lite. it's only 87bhp most proper 600 super sports are 100-120bhp, but it's enough to scare me anything 7000 rpm plus

Edited by StevoD

I'm not a bike guy at all but I can appreciate a good looking fast machine & that looks like one to me. B)

Cheer's dude. if I'm honest it's more of a 600cc sport bike lite. it's only 87bhp most proper 600 super sports are 100-120bhp, but it's enough to scare me anything 7000 rpm plus

The thing I do know about bikes though is that even the "slow" ones are fast, ...well when compared to car performance that is. ;)

What's the 0-60 on that then?

My guess is sub 5 seconds. :)

The thing I do know about bikes though is that even the "slow" ones are fast, ...well when compared to car performance that is. ;)

What's the 0-60 on that then?

My guess is sub 5 seconds. :)

if you can get it off the line its about 3-4 seconds is capable of a 12 second flat 1/4 mile

Edited by StevoD

87bhp?! I didnt think they made bikes with less than 100bhp these days! Still all good fun and glad to see another biker on here. Ive a Ducati 996, an R1 and a ZXR750L2 in my collection atm. :thumbs:

all to do with the new licensing system blame Brussels

the A2 license (under 24 years old) only allows you to ride a bike upto 47bhp but you can use a restricted bike as long as the original BHP isnt double 47bhp originally so all the manufactures are making bikes in that limit which serve both the A2 and A licenses. but i guess you know that :p

Edited by StevoD

Just remember, everyone wants to kill you, its the soundest advice i ever got when i first cast a leg over a bike.

Enjoy :)

Yup agreed! motorways still scare me a bit and i nearly got hit by a golf on a roundabout yesterday nearly pulled out into me i guess his knowledge is bikes hoon it off roundabouts so when i was casually riding past he went to pull out and almost clipped my rear wheel

if you can get it off the line its about 3-4 seconds is capable of a 12 second flat 1/4 mile

See I knew it, ...that's just mental how quick even the "slow" bikes are. :evil::lol:

Have fun and another bit of advice, from my Uncle who rides bikes who told me this years ago: Watch out for man hole covers & those metal strips in the road (like on the Severn Bridge crossing) as they are lethal in the wet. ;)

• Like 1

87bhp?! I didnt think they made bikes with less than 100bhp these days! Still all good fun and glad to see another biker on here. Ive a Ducati 996, an R1 and a ZXR750L2 in my collection atm. :thumbs:

all to do with the new licensing system blame Brussels

the A2 license (under 24 years old) only allows you to ride a bike upto 47bhp but you can use a restricted bike as long as the original BHP isnt double 47bhp originally so all the manufactures are making bikes in that limit which serve both the A2 and A licenses. but i guess you know that :p

Jesus, things have changed a bit. When I passed you could jump straight onto a 1000cc bike if you wanted! (not that you could afford one mind, as bikes were well expensive back then).

• Like 1

Very nice , welcome to the club :)

I have 4 in the garage, SP1 road bike, SP1 track bike, ZXR750J road bike and ZXR750K track bike

You need a very, very special "cage" to get anywhere near the enjoyment of a bike (bit biased of course)

Rob

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just remember, everyone wants to kill you, its the soundest advice i ever got when i first cast a leg over a bike.

Enjoy :)

Yup agreed! motorways still scare me a bit and i nearly got hit by a golf on a roundabout yesterday nearly pulled out into me i guess his knowledge is bikes hoon it off roundabouts so when i was casually riding past he went to pull out and almost clipped my rear wheel

when I am riding, I find motorways the safest environment to ride in .. not sure if people share that view. Its roads where there is any opportunity to get t-boned that scare me more.