This was puncturing my tyre

Banz

AKwST5B.jpg

The guy said something about 6mm is the max they would repair and it is on the border. If it keeps leaking then I would need to replace the tyre :doh:

A £20 quid repair is better than a £200+ tyre.

Edited by Banz

Something similar happened to me 2 years ago when I install spacers on my rear axle. Found a 1.5 inch screw, slow puncture ie filling up every week or so. However, cost me a fiver to repair B)

Something similar happened to me 2 years ago when I install spacers on my rear axle. Found a 1.5 inch screw, slow puncture ie filling up every week or so. However, cost me a fiver to repair B)

Most people said it cost around £5. But they did lift the car up and inspect underneath. Plus I went during my lunch time without booking. Took about 30 mins so I guess it was worth it. Never been to that garage and google review did say it was quite expensive.

Let's just pray that this would fix the problem and I wouldn't need to replace the MPSS tyre. Still plenty of thread on it!

Edited by Banz

Most people said it cost around £5. But they did lift the car up and inspect underneath. Plus I went during my lunch time without booking. Took about 30 mins so I guess it was worth it. Never been to that garage and google review did say it was quite expensive.

Let's just pray that this would fix the problem and I wouldn't need to replace the MPSS tyre. Still plenty of thread on it!

This is a little garage that sells mainly part worn and budget tyres. No checks or anything, just straight in, wheel off, tyre off, repair puncture, balance and back on. I'm always a little bit sceptical but been using them for some time now (previous car) and it's also just behind where I worked (they said it's discounted price for local employees). I don't mind paying £20 for a proper job if I have to, I'm lucky enough that I found somewhere cheap and reliable. As u said, rather paying £20 than £160 ish for new MPSS.

• Like 1

Happened to me as well, only after 700 miles on the tyres, so virtually new. They asked for £12 to fix it, paid £30 as it took them nearly 45 minute, wheel off, remove screw, remove tyre, fix the puncture properly, tyre back, re-balance, re-fit wheel. They're also a bunch of really nice guys, Croxley Tyres in Croxley :) They used plastic covers for their clamping machine so no marks on the rims.

2016-06-03_15-44-02.jpeg

2016-06-03_15-46-19.jpeg

2016-06-03_15-46-43.jpeg

Happened to me as well, only after 700 miles on the tyres, so virtually new. They asked for £12 to fix it, paid £30 as it took them nearly 45 minute, wheel off, remove screw, remove tyre, fix the puncture properly, tyre back, re-balance, re-fit wheel. They're also a bunch of really nice guys, Croxley Tyres in Croxley :) They used plastic covers for their clamping machine so no marks on the rims.

2016-06-03_15-44-02.jpeg

2016-06-03_15-46-19.jpeg

2016-06-03_15-46-43.jpeg

I used to go there until there lad used a windy gun to put the bolts in on my old Astra coupe and cross threaded it. I use Northwood Hills service station now. Miles better in my opinion also bloody good MOT station B)

Edited by 350 Russ

I found a screw in mine 2 weeks ago as well, unfortunately I had to drive 2 miles to a petrol station to fill up as we were out at the time, which wrecked my inner sidewall so not repairable :(

I once worked next to a unit which sold second hand furniture, and if they didnt see value in the tables etc they took them out back into the carpark and literally smash them to bits - screws etc everywhere.

I bought a new car one day, and went home..next morning found two flat tyres - both needing replacing :rant:

I decided it was best to park over in screw fix car park after that! Though they did claim other victims from the branch :yawn: