Supercharged VX220

Jetpilot

Fitted a 48L Pro Alloy tank over the winter. These are baffled alot better than the standard 38L tank, so makes track driving alot better from the fuel starvation point of view, and give you more range. Not cheap to buy, but well worth it.

Just make sure you ramp up the muppet filter on that forum, it will catch a lot of em. There are some diamonds on there though mate who are uber helpful, just seek em out! Good luck with the car hunt!

Well everything moved a bit quicker than expected, have taken a deposit on the 350 and paid a deposit on the one linked above :)

I will be very sad to see the 350 go, i honestly would struggle to fault it (both ones i have owned), they exceeded my expectations and as an added bonus, met some very very good people, dare i say friends :)

Thanks for all the advise on the VX and have decided to put it to proper use and do a couple of events rather than just trackdays, so in the process of booking up to do my national b licence :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not so much any build updates but did an afternoon session at Combe on Monday to familiarise myself with the car and i must say, its pretty impressive. I took my buddy who is a national champion (tarmac rally series) as an additional driver and he was suitable impressed with its capabilities/dynamics.

So, not going to change much at present, new set of Carbon Lorraine pads on order and probably a seat and harness bar and sent a replacement wheel to Jack Royal :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Nooooooo - still some nice evenings this week!

When I bought mine it was 32 degrees that day and I drove it from Cheltenham to London leaving Cheltenham at 8:30pm getting back around 11pm in London...the whole way with the roof down, it was a divine driving experience.

Got my seat and harness bar arriving this week so got to do that to, will get a few 6 am drives in, less traffic then ;) doesnt really like pootling this one with that state of tune ;) also got a fezz heater to fit, mine wont budge from hot, so a bit toasty with these temps :)

Edited by Jetpilot

You done well there they were the proverbial rocking horses teeth covered in gold dust :lol:

Actually if you cared for the choons in the car, people whilst the dash is out often put some small speakers behind the outer most circular dash vents. Although suspect you would not want to add the weight...!

It is quite an easy mod whilst the dash is out so worth considering, just means you sacrifice two blowers for your new air system! Think they are something like 4inch speakers that go in there, pretty sure there is a mod guide on the forum for doing it. Otherwise its a doddle to fit new ones behind the seats, stubby screwdriver and its a 10 minute job switching them over to something a bit more meaty.

Have you taken the dash fascia off yet? the long rectangular part? Its only taped on so easy to remove and the shape makes it easy to spray/wrap/dip etc to suit the colour of the car and really brightens up the interior. I went for a red carbon dip on mine :teeth:

Best thing for audio is to move to a component setup: The standard setup has the tweeters pointed right at your ear, which is why it sounds rubbish. Put the woofers in the regular place, and then install the tweeters on the dash so it reflects off the glass to fill the cabin.

Did that on the VXR, made a MASSIVE difference for peanuts.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well a couple of additions as promised.

Rc5+ pads which are awesome.

Corbeau Le Pro seat (just drivers for now) mated to Lotus 340R subframes

John Betts harness bar

Fezz heater

Trimmed dash and door cards

Jack Royal trimmed steering wheel

vx%20interior%203_zpscqzpzwh8.jpg

vx%20interior%202_zpsegyigxcw.jpg

vx%20interior%201_zpspdfngu6p.jpg