Supercharged VX220

Jetpilot

I checked out an equivalent one to mine the other day on the classifieds and mine would be worth around £1.5k-£2k more than I sold it for two years ago. So yeah the original spec ones are starting to rocket.

The good thing with yours is that you have effectively paid half price for the supercharger upgrade having already had it installed and looks in great nick. I also genuinely believe in the 'open door' effect where you have someone come look to buy the car and if that moment you swing open the door for them to step in the car they see splattering of quality it really tips the balance in your favour. Yours looks stunning.

Good idea, yeah as standard these are going up in value, a classic car mag put them on an article recently as one to watch as well.

Bang for buck these cars are stunning value - handling, speed, experience and a complete raw driving experience. Must stay away from classifieds...

Moving onto trying to get the exhaust a little quieter now, seems a common problem with 3" systems on Harrops. Will try the old faithful of wrapping with heat tape to add a little more depth and try a single exit as that helps a little by all accounts.

Moving onto trying to get the exhaust a little quieter now, seems a common problem with 3" systems on Harrops. Will try the old faithful of wrapping with heat tape to add a little more depth and try a single exit as that helps a little by all accounts.

Yes it was a little loud at CC. Cannot preach how much of solid car this is. Would hate to have one without SC. Totally threw my expectations out the water. Utterly brilliant car!

• Like 1

Yes it was a little loud at CC. Cannot preach how much of solid car this is. Would hate to have one without SC. Totally threw my expectations out the water. Utterly brilliant car!

No black flags and passed the static though which is good, but would like to take the edge of it without loosing too much power.

Maybe you were screaming and i just didnt hear, haha

• Like 1

Would be surprised just how good one without a charger is mate ;) still can attack corners at a much higher speed than most things on the road and 0-60 in under 6 seconds :teeth:

Why settle for second best?

Would be surprised just how good one without a charger is mate ;) still can attack corners at a much higher speed than most things on the road and 0-60 in under 6 seconds :teeth:

Why settle for second best?

Because day to day not having a supercharger on is easier to live with? Second gear foot down in an SC VX and you are already breaking the law on motorways. On the track its great for straight line speed but in the bends supercharger or not they are probably cornering at similar rates. Although these cars have physics breaking grip, when they let go its instant, less likely to do that in a non-supercharged car. Quite a few SC VXs have hit the scrap heap when over-confident drivers put their foot down (not saying JP will at all) - in fact my favourite VX when I owned was a SC Rab Red one a guy owned that he let me have a go in when I was considering SC mine, it was immaculate, he took it to Spa and wrote it off in a straight line.

The good thing about NAs as well is their setup is much stiffer than the turbos, so even without a SC you would get a much better race-feel from the NA than the turbo albeit in sacrifice for straight line speed. Did I personally ever feel I lacked excitement or had second best without the SC, not really as I don't track and I don't really drive very fast, that said each corner even on the road was an event even in my little 150bhp machine :lol:

From a personal point of view, only having driven my vx220 and previous varying cars, a std na would not be enough for my taste, i would even go so far as to say a stage 2 at 250 would be borderline. I have the best of both worlds, power if you want/need and can still carry corner speed. The only thing that gets on my t*ts with regard to the power levels is having to have a 3" droney exhaust, but hopefully i can address that to a a degree, but it is very very civil if you want it to be :)

Presume there is a SC going on the V8 then ;)

Eventually :thumbs:

Life is about having fun, why crash doing 100mph when you can crash at 160mph and go up in a ball of flames. Much more dramatic :lol:

I should have said, I was referring purely from a track perspective, save you writing an essay :lol:

Radical was amazing on the corners but JP's VX straight line acceleration was brilliant for CC. Not too much and not too little.