New 350z owner...well...350GT

Hi All,

Finally got around to joining here this forum cropping up on nearly every technical topic I've searched for relating to my 'recent' purchase.

So, first off, it's not a 350z but it's as close to a 350x as you can get!

A few months ago I bought a Skyline 350GT (which I don't like calling a skyline); it's a manual with the Brembo's, which is pretty rare on these as I'm sure you'll know. It was a bit of an impulse buy if I'm honest, but I don't regret it for a second!

I've done a fair bit on it already, mainly getting it back to a nice standard car again but it's slow going what with a couple of other projects I've got on at the moment.

So anyway, glad to have finally joined! I'll be sure to search the forums for answers on things and make use of the breakers on here for the few bits I need.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've got a few rubbish pics, attached.

I'll start a project thread soon as I've done a fair bit on it already. I like making the underside factory fresh, or better, so I've been going through that lately.

post-28843-0-03123800-1464707594_thumb.jpeg

post-28843-0-89480000-1464707606_thumb.jpeg

Thanks guys.

I've just noticed the typo in my original post to! Should have been "finally joined here after this forum kept popping up..."

Anyway...

Zman I'll definitely take you up on that. I need a couple of odd bits of wiring for now.

Just spotted another typo...says a lot for rushing the post at work. Trust me, I'm actually literate, lol

Thanks again all. As for the manual; yeah most are auto which is why I snapped this up when it came about. That said, it does need a clutch and flywheel so I'll be searching for that to.

That looks tidy from those couple of pictures.

As well as owning a 370z as my road car, I've got a skyline 350GT that I'm slowly, in my spare time, turning into a track car.

You'll be glad you've got one with brembos, the standard brakes are completely useless.

• Like 1

Thanks again guys.

What are the rules / limits on uploading pictures btw?

I'm going to start a project thread but don't really want the thumbnail attachments. Would rather a picture in the body of the text. Do most use photobucket?