350z needs new engine.

checkers88

Im sorry if I've posted thing in the wrong section I couldn't find the classifieds. Recently my engine has started knocking badly and the garage seems to think it's either the bottom end or piston related so after ringing around a lot of garages and weighing up getting my blown motor repaired or replaced it seems to be ever so slightly cheaper to just replace the engine itself. The issue I'm having now is sourcing one, I need a vq35de but I can't find one that isn't the price of a car. Does anyone know of a decent engine that is for sale that isn't the price or a house? Annoyingly I've found a HR engine for £1500 but I've heard too many modifications will be needed to get it working.

I'm really stuck guys and I really need some help. Annoyingly I can't just ignore it as the car is on finance. Any ideas on what I can do?

You can't find a DE engine for less than 5k?

It's on finance? The garage didn't offer a warranty of any kind?

Very quick search on ebay has uncovered one for 1250 quid and one for 1400 quid.

Are you thinking you'll get an engine for a few hundred quid?

Edited by TT350

Very quick search on ebay has uncovered one for 1250 quid and one for 1400 quid.

Of course I don't expect it to be a few hundred quid. I was expecting to find them for around £1000-1500 but I haven't been able to find any DE engines for less than £1800+.

One seller on eBay has an engine but he doesn't know which model it is. He tried fitting it to his 2004 Z but he mentioned something about the pulleys being the wrong formation or size, he can't remember much and he has just had the engine sat for 12 months in his garage. If I can figure out which engine type it is it might solve my problem.

Can I ask where you found the ones for 1200? My car is a UK 2005 DE model btw.

Of course I don't expect it to be a few hundred quid. I was expecting to find them for around £1000-1500 but I haven't been able to find any DE engines for less than £1800+.

One seller on eBay has an engine but he doesn't know which model it is. He tried fitting it to his 2004 Z but he mentioned something about the pulleys being the wrong formation or size, he can't remember much and he has just had the engine sat for 12 months in his garage. If I can figure out which engine type it is it might solve my problem.

Can I ask where you found the ones for 1200? My car is a UK 2005 DE model btw.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-VQ35DE-Engine-3-5L-V6-PETROL-214KW-/291758601389?nav=SEARCH

Have you tried Zmanalex or Emperor Tuning on here?

You've not read this from the top have you Stu? :lol:

I thought I had, but to help me out, which post is it where this is answered?

Sorry I thought your just asking this but you were in fact asking if he had taken the earlier advice, I misunderstood.

Edited by ZEUS

Have you tried Zmanalex or Emperor Tuning on here?

You've not read this from the top have you Stu? :lol:

I thought I had, but to help me out, which post is it where this is answered?

Sorry I thought your just asking this but you were in fact asking if he had taken the earlier advice, I misunderstood.

:lol: Thank god, that means I'm not going mad!

There are 2 or 3 Zeds being broken here in ROI (one in Dublin - i think it was going for around €1,500 which is about £1,200) I think mileage was in or around 50 - 60k miles.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance as I'm near enough to the garage breaking it.