TECHNOOOOOO

Bobby D

You can mock, but that literally was me back in the day. Exodus man, it was all about the Exodus raves! With the original crew of course.

Jeez, those were the days. Mashed out of our eyes, dancing all night, coming down as the sun rose. Excellent times. B)

You can mock, but that literally was me back in the day. Exodus man, it was all about the Exodus raves! With the original crew of course.

Jeez, those were the days. Mashed out of our eyes, dancing all night, coming down as the sun rose. Excellent times. B)

I was just about to say more or less the same Dan. I mean I know he's taking the p*** but that's exactly how it was. :teeth:

Only thing missing from that video for me was luminous vests & whistles, ....plenty of ravers jibbing away though. :lol::D

• Like 1

There is quite a few of those videos, I find it entertaining to watch everyone off their nut plus I can appreciate the beat... People seem to be loving it so who am I to judge. Instead of being my usual sarcastic self I'll say I can see the appeal... I don't think I could be a cheesy quaver though.

I've pretty much never heard of any of the Dj's they have on here but its about 60% techno and nearly always worth a listen.

https://www.resident...et/podcast.aspx

House of God and Atomic Jam at the Que club in Birmingham was my youth.

If your looking for old club/radio mixes, try this site. Your only allopwed to post music thats not been commercially avaialbe

https://themixingbowl.org

Its a torrent site but you have to register and have to keep a decent ratio of upload to download, but there's an amazing amount of old stuff on there

Edited by Randy_Baton

This is one of my favourite club vids on YouTube. Hot girls. Decent music. Watch for the guy in the green top chewing his face off on E at 12:47.

From about 12:30 it sounds like a banger of a tune is gonna kick in but then the video ends :(

Edited by TT350

Those vids from back in the day do make me laugh.

Now days it's less glow sticks and whistles, more ray bans,£5 bottled water and better dancing ;):lol: But I'm biased. 20 years from now they'll think I look I right tw#t :lol:

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Wasso, wouldn't make a one more outting for this event! It's actually in Frankfurt and it's a roof top, pool party! Arrange I love techno weekend, I'll join you haha!

Deano is right hahaha, glasses, flat caps, vests and the most expensive bottles of water you will ever buy haha

Not going to lie, I'm just a pure techno lad, house really doesn't do anything for me! I mix a bit of house depending on what time it is and who's about but my big passion is techno!

350/370z uk tour of Ibiza!

Next car meet I'll bring my CDJs haha, problem is I can fit the speakers and the CDJs in the car hahahahaha

• Like 1

I like minimal and tech house.

I always thought "techno" was a word used by older folk to describe electronic music.

I suppose you could in a way. Techno, like House, like Drumb and Bass are the roots of their genre, they have all expanded over the years.

Showing my age properly here but Drum and Bass was originally called "Jungle Techno", it only became D+B in the mid 90's.

Real roots are Peril, Goa Trance, Chicago House and Detroit Techno, pretty much all EDM came from one of these badboys

I've pretty much never heard of any of the Dj's they have on here but its about 60% techno and nearly always worth a listen.

https://www.resident...et/podcast.aspx

House of God and Atomic Jam at the Que club in Birmingham was my youth.

If your looking for old club/radio mixes, try this site. Your only allopwed to post music thats not been commercially avaialbe

https://themixingbowl.org

Its a torrent site but you have to register and have to keep a decent ratio of upload to download, but there's an amazing amount of old stuff on there

At the time I used to live in London, frequenting clubs such as The End, Turnmills, The Arches, The Paradise Club, and ultimately a club in Wandsworth known for it's narcotic raid many years ago called Club UK. Subsequently raided with such enthusiasm the club then closed, whereby the organisers moved to the Paradise Club, at the time known as The Complex.

The club experienced several police raids. The first one was in December 1994 on a Friday night. In October 1995, 150 police raided the club on a Saturday. Operation Blade involved dogs, horses, and the Territorial Support Group. 800 clubbers were turned out on to the streets, and many searched. 10 people were arrested. The police raid on Club UK was carried out with TV cameras in attendance, correctly described by the clubowners as a 'media circus'. It seems the raid was deliberately timed to provide a story on which to hang the launch two days later of a new anti-drugs campaign called SNAP (Say no and phone). Ironically the police launched this campaign at Club UK's South London rival, The Ministry of Sound, a place where drug use was just as widespread.

With clubs at that time closing down left right and centre, we ventured to other areas, Lakota - Bristol, Cream (Bugged Out) - Liverpool, Que Club (Atomic Jam) Birmingham, Wobbles - Digbeth (Birmingham), Orbit - Leeds.

Then came clubbing abroad, Amsterdam - Gaswork Fabrique, Dance Valley - Annual Festival, Queens Day (30th Apr). Then onto Spain, for Sonar. Belgium for I Love Techno, and finally spending a lot of time annually in Ibiza. When touring Europe we resided in Ibiza for 2 months, that was a very messy experience. Amnesia, Space, DC10 were frequented at least 3 times a week.

Oh the days of clubbing...... great times!

I like minimal and tech house.

I always thought "techno" was a word used by older folk to describe electronic music.

I suppose you could in a way. Techno, like House, like Drumb and Bass are the roots of their genre, they have all expanded over the years.

Showing my age properly here but Drum and Bass was originally called "Jungle Techno", it only became D+B in the mid 90's.

Real roots are Peril, Goa Trance, Chicago House and Detroit Techno, pretty much all EDM came from one of these badboys

Actually that rings bells now, Jungle Techno, which is why the Que club in Birmingham would offer D&B and Techno on their Atomic Jam nights. Makes total sense! And yes you are showing your age ;)

• Like 2

Yup, love it. Used to run nights down in Portsmouth.

I went to many of the earlier ILT, unfortunately I missed all the outdoor ones.

Tend to be a bit more sensible about things nowadays but used to fly out to Berlin on a Thursday. Pretty much party straight through until Sunday night. (This also happened at home on many a weekend)

Closest we get to that nowadays is a trip to Barcelona for some off-sonar fun, 3/4 nights in a week is plenty now.

Current techno calendar: Heading into London tomorrow for this: https://www.resident...ent.aspx?820532 and am off to Berlin in July to see my mate (Kamikaze Space Programme) play Berghain.

Edited by billdingo
  • Like 1

Fabric for me tomorrow as Mr Villalobos is playing! Another legend!

I head back to Germany Wednesday and hitting some local clubs and parties! Playing my self for a few hours to warm the crowd on the 20th!

Wasso with that party history you should get amongst Ibiza this year, Carl Coxs last year at Space!

Fabric for me tomorrow as Mr Villalobos is playing! Another legend!

I head back to Germany Wednesday and hitting some local clubs and parties! Playing my self for a few hours to warm the crowd on the 20th!

Wasso with that party history you should get amongst Ibiza this year, Carl Coxs last year at Space!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1065966646803907&substory_index=4&id=602556467

This wasn't at the same time as you went was it? :lol:

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk