Gumball 3000

KyleR

Just tried to post a load of photos there, but it came up a warning saying I can't post that extension in here or some rubbish, oh well, sorry guys.

Edited by KyleR

Edinburgh just got shut down.

Too many idiots, I include grown men in that, couldn't stand behind barriers. Ended up a security risk as the streets became mobbed and people leaning over the top of all the cars so the police shut everything down.

As much as the event was drastically understaffed in terms of security and police, I'm totally let down and embarrassed by my fellow scots at tonight's event. Grown adults ripping apart banners to take as a 'souvenir'.

I was there with my girlfriend and we watched kids getting upset by some people's behaviour.

I think we'll be lucky to ever see it north of the border again.

• Like 1

People are idiots, sadly.

That said, the Gumball itself shouldn't exist any more. It's long since lost the charm of old, and tbh I've no idea why the police don't just follow the route and grab some very easy collars.

• Like 1

Edinburgh just got shut down.

Too many idiots, I include grown men in that, couldn't stand behind barriers. Ended up a security risk as the streets became mobbed and people leaning over the top of all the cars so the police shut everything down.

As much as the event was drastically understaffed in terms of security and police, I'm totally let down and embarrassed by my fellow scots at tonight's event. Grown adults ripping apart banners to take as a 'souvenir'.

I was there with my girlfriend and we watched kids getting upset by some people's behaviour.

I think we'll be lucky to ever see it north of the border again.

That's a shame. The street was mobbed here as well, but the cars just took it easy in that area and everything was fine.

I think the difference is the time. In Belfast this was happening at 12:30 - 15:30, whereas in Edinburgh it must have been near 10 when they arrived, so people had been out drinking etc.

Yeah it was 9pm before this first car arrived.

Most didn't turn up till around half past 9.

So the crowd had been waiting for hours. Most were there since 6pm plus one of the football teams in Edinbugh had a match yesterday. A lot of things didn't add up well but still no excuse for some idiots behaviour.

Today iv agreed to sit on one of the M6 bridges with my younger brother as he wants to see his idol, Shmee150, pass by. I feel like a trainspotter lol

1524746C-4F48-48CB-85D5-24F3F17DA977.jpg

Job, jobbed :teeth:

On the team bus coming home from a hockey tournament and the rows of car's abandoned on the dual carriageway near Ayr was silly, too easy to track the gumball so you get the idiots out in force. Saying that I wouldn't have minded if the bus broke down so I could watch the rare beasts toddle up the road.

All that waiting and like that, he was gone...

The bridge I was on was full of twitchers I didn't expect the gumball to draw such a crowd. These people travelled miles and miles to wait on this bridge.

Attached pic of Shmee150 passing by.

Oh no not the Gumpert! Those things are flying machines, literally :p

I saw this on Shmee150 youtube channel of the pre race footage earlier this morning. It's quite a rare beast to damage like that

I may be wrong but used to the think the gumball was a bunch of very wealthy enthusiastic owners having a blast in their exotica, just seems like a bit of competition with regard to who brings what and a massive party now with way to much media attention.