Front Bumper Reflector LED's

marzman

Hey guys...

Does anyone know if there's anywhere to get these in the UK?

i can order from the states but with shipping they're about £60... which isnt too bad but i thought i'd check here first!

And i've got my flame suit on so do your worst! :ninja:

I like the dashboard pic, thats smart.

i thought i'd get more flamed than this, but in this case im not bothered...

I dont want them as just 'chav lights', like tyre flies or something, but i see them more as a modern lighting method - like on the new Audi's (A5, R8 etc etc). I think they look awesome. I just want plain white led's.

See the attached thread which i found today... This guys car, for me at least, is perfect. Love the lights, and the headlights actually... and also those eyebrows (which normally i hate but these make it look like the new GTR!!)

Anyway... continue flaming!

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270017[/url]

Sorry for resurrecting the thread, but...

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270017

Does anyone have any experience in doing the headlights like this guy has? I'm not a fan of his LED's but I think the headlights themselves look stunning and set the car off, especially continuing the bonnet line through the headlight. I had a read of his thread but the whole process seems like a massive DIY job. Is this the only way to go about it?

Macca

Here you go marzman, pictures for you, http://forums.DELETED.com//ind ... ntry168530 got them from Delsea Motorsports in the states, very quick service, got other carbon bits at the same time. Fitting was pretty easy. I think they add a little something else to the car.

If your interested in other aftermarket lights, have a google search for Clearcorners, not cheap but look amazing IMO.

Mark

Hey guys...

Went against most of your advice and bought these bumper reflector LEDs...

Finally got round to fitting today (or 1 side at least... it was going dark so didnt bother starting the other side yet).

Also put in some blue LED w5w sidelights... i bought white sidelights but whether they were crap bulbs or what, they didnt look right. So i've put in some blue ones that i had lying around.

Mark - i got mine from Delsa motorsport too... good turnaround. And i also got the carbon/white led's style.

See attached pics - its impossible to take pics at night of lights, but you get the idea!

So lets hope the weather stays dry tommorrow so i can get the other side done... otherwise i'll be driving in circles!

DSCF3653small.jpg

DSCF3660small.jpg

Sorry sarnie - we cant all afford the quality of gear you're used to. if you havent got anything nice to say then dont bother eh?

Your forgetting that i had two zeds ;)

And this is an open forum, anything you or anyone else posts up is open to opinion, positive or negative. If you don't want to canvas opinions then don't post pics. You even said yourself that you went against the majorities opinions so what do you expect? :p

But i was posting re: the lights, not the decals on my wheels.

And what does having 2 zeds prove? The point i was making is that i can only just afford to keep this car, so the £3 i paid for the decals was worth it to me - obviously i want some nice 'time attacks' or whatever, but @*!#, i haven't got 20 quid spare let alone the £2k they'd cost me... :surrender:

Here you go marzman, pictures for you, http://forums.DELETED.com//ind ... ntry168530 got them from Delsea Motorsports in the states, very quick service, got other carbon bits at the same time. Fitting was pretty easy. I think they add a little something else to the car.

If your interested in other aftermarket lights, have a google search for Clearcorners, not cheap but look amazing IMO.

Mark

They look pretty cool :thumbs:

But i was posting re: the lights, not the decals on my wheels.

And what does having 2 zeds prove? The point i was making is that i can only just afford to keep this car, so the £3 i paid for the decals was worth it to me - obviously i want some nice 'time attacks' or whatever, but @*!#, i haven't got 20 quid spare let alone the £2k they'd cost me... :surrender:

The point about having two zeds is that I've been where you are. I have never and would never slate you or any other owner or their car based on financial ability. The main point is that i don't like the LED's or the decal. That has nothing to do with money whatsoever, its down to opinion/taste. IMO the money you've spent would of bought you some other zed mod like Z badges which would of looked B) etc.

At the end of the day its your car, do what you want with it, just don't be upset if not everyone agree's with you :thumbs:

Sorry sarnie - we cant all afford the quality of gear you're used to. if you havent got anything nice to say then dont bother eh?

i couldn't afford to live in macclesfield :p

only joking of course.

thought about led's in the reflector but chose against it as i think it may be an audi fad but they seem ok. the pics you took don't reflect when your driving around with a zed up your jaxy at night which is when you'd really notice them.

Fair enough, now thats better! :)

I was just a little :dry: that all you mentioned was my '17s' like 'oh, is that all you got?' and made no comment about the lights!

I know the lights wont appeal to many on here, but then thats exactly why i got them - they were different, original, and i'd never seen it done before (until i found the thread where someone had done it, obviously :p)

I hated my bmw forums i was on sometimes... you had to conform to what everyone else liked, or else you weren't welcome. The standard welcome message to all newbies was "You need clears and a drop." - it was so tedious!

Anyway, i've got to get my rest - i've got to do the other side tomorrow... or should i take them out?

:lol: