10k Boost EGU Cleaner

GeorgeW

I am looking for advice on this, I bought a can of EGU cleaner after seeing a random comment on here of a raving review for the stuff.

If it definitely ok to use with the zed?

Do i literally spray it straight into the intake?

I have searched google and the forums 'search' button but didnt have much luck?

Well I went and used the stuff anyway, and this is what I did to use it:

Step 1: Find someone else to sit in the drivers seat (I used the misses, who was under strict instructions.

Step 2: Pop the bonnet and remove the filter - mine is a stock box with K&N panel filter, I just whipped this out.

Step 3: Get helper to start the car, and rev up to 1500rpm, and hold it there.

Step 4: Spray 10k boost EGR cleaner in 1 second bursts into air filter - the engine will sound like its going to conk out when you do it so let it gather itself again, and do it again.

Step 5: Every 10 or so sprays, leave for 5 minutes.

Step 6: Continue to repeat until the can is empty - helper can slowly increase revs to 2500rpm. do not go over 3000rpm at any point!

Step 7: Finally leave the car running at idle for 10 minutes then its safe to turn it off and go find a cup of tea.

Not sure how much it has changed the car, but it is meant to be good to flush it out so surely is worth it for £6-7!

George

Edited by GeorgeW
  • Like 1

Will do, the reason I tried it yesterday was the engine check light came on, the garage did a quick code reading and it came back with 02 sensor, so I wondered if a quick clean through may help, that and an ECU reset this morning and the light is off. I cant say for sure but it may have had something to do with that.

I will take it out for a spin at lunch time to try throttle response etc - my drive to work is a slow one so wouldn't really feel much

Where did you get it from? I've been searching for the proper stuff for ages!

It may sound like marketing guff, but when you see the black crap that comes out of the exhaust during use you'll be amazed at how good it is. I once blacked out most of street when I did it with the MX5 :lol: It won't do anything for a dodgy O2 sensor though, when it cycles through that light'll come back on if the sensor has gone.

Ah here he is now :lol: yes I didnt think it would - but would the ECU reset keep it off?

Yes it did spit out alot of crap, the neighbours werent impressed, with my black clouds on day with blue sky, or the sound of the zed revving for about 20 minutes! :D

The O2 sensor doesn't work on an on/off failure system, it needs a number of cycles to determine whether it's functioning or not. You may find it stays off, but that'll be a fluke more than anything. Bet it comes back on though, and then you'll need a new sensor. :)

It may sound like marketing guff, but when you see the black crap that comes out of the exhaust during use you'll be amazed at how good it is. I once blacked out most of street when I did it with the MX5 :lol: It won't do anything for a dodgy O2 sensor though, when it cycles through that light'll come back on if the sensor has gone.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400636718559?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-10K-Boost-Petrol-EGR-Valve-Air-Intake-System-Cleaner-Spray-Restores-Power-/221857793657?hash=item33a7c14679

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1436.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33a7c14679

oh yes sorry forgot to mention where I got it from, it was the second one, but cheaper ;)

here be 10k boost

If you really want to get everything clean then find a local Terraclean agent.

I must say I haven't had the Zed done (as yet), but on my old 200,000 mile Mercedes it totally transformed it,

and the engine felt like new afterwards.

Alan Price Automobile Services in Blackburn know what they are doing with the Terraclean process,

and it can help cars pass emission tests.

+1 for the terraclean, had my Zed done before fitting decats and getting uprev remap done. Got my mechanic to test the emissions after he fitted the decat pipes and the readings were close zilch, in comparison with "normal" levels of emissions.

A lot of people dis the terraclean service........usually the ones that have never had it done. My Zed felt much smoother after it.