Mrs has bought a horse!

Commander

Say goodbye to your Mrs. 'Horsey' girls put horses first. My cousin has always owned them and it's destroyed 4 relationships. I dated a girl who had 3. I came about 4th after the horses, dogs, cats. Then all her horses got colic and died despite blowing her inheritance money on them (25k) in vet fees thar she was due to recieve after uni.

It's the bond they form with them. Not to mention how fragile horses are physically and emotionally. The morning and evening feeding/mucking out/taking out of/putting back in stable. Then the time spent riding them.

• Like 1

PS I think horse owners should have to pick up their crap. Dog mess is a pain of you step in it but horses carpet bomb the road or pavement they go along. I come in my polished Z and can't avoid it lol.

Also, round here they're always out on those irish race cart known as a Sulky with a 14 mile tailback.

Edited by TT350

Say goodbye to your Mrs. 'Horsey' girls put horses first. My cousin has always owned them and it's destroyed 4 relationships. I dated a girl who had 3. I came about 4th after the horses, dogs, cats. Then all her horses got colic and died despite blowing her inheritance money on them (25k) in vet fees thar she was due to recieve after uni.

It's the bond they form with them. Not to mention how fragile horses are physically and emotionally. The morning and evening feeding/mucking out/taking out of/putting back in stable. Then the time spent riding them.

You can't tar everyone with the same brush, I know lots of people with horses and they are quite happily married, have been for years.

PS I think horse owners should have to pick up their crap. Dog mess is a pain of you step in it but horses carpet bomb the road or pavement they go along. I come in my polished Z and can't avoid it lol.

Also, round here they're always out on those irish race cart known as a Sulky with a 14 mile tailback.

You could always run round after them and collect it up to put on your flower beds :lol:

You can't tar everyone with the same brush, I know lots of people with horses and they are quite happily married, have been for years.

You could always run round after them and collect it up to put on your flower beds :lol:

I do want to grow some all organic veg this year in my new greenhouse.

• Like 1

Full Livery, so we're paying some other poor sap to do all the mucking out, turning out, etc.

She's pretty level headed so don't think she'll turn in to one of 'those' horsey types... Hopefully!

Dread to think which is going to cost more to run... At least I'm handy with the spammers and a multimeter so I 'should' be able to keep it running; I can't see the Mrs fixing her horse if it breaks down!

Full Livery, so we're paying some other poor sap to do all the mucking out, turning out, etc.

She's pretty level headed so don't think she'll turn in to one of 'those' horsey types... Hopefully!

Dread to think which is going to cost more to run... At least I'm handy with the spammers and a multimeter so I 'should' be able to keep it running; I can't see the Mrs fixing her horse if it breaks down!

Her horse having colic (trapped wind) will cost more than your TVR ever will and possibly result in its death.

^^^ a cheery thought ^^^

Car will be tons of fun and if she's off galloping then all the more time to enjoy taking it out for a spin.

PS - don't foget to buy a hat, poncho and some little black cigarillos for when you go out on the horse. You've never too old to be a cowboy!

^^^ a cheery thought ^^^

Car will be tons of fun and if she's off galloping then all the more time to enjoy taking it out for a spin.

PS - don't foget to buy a hat, poncho and some little black cigarillos for when you go out on the horse. You've never too old to be a cowboy!

Racist.

Why not an Indian? Lol.

I think that's good news Commander, ...happy wife, happy life. ;)

My old man used to have a TVR Cerbera back about 16 years odd ago so I've a lot of love for these.

His was the 4.5 Ltr V8, ...what version engine are you going for? and are you going for the classic (older) headlight version or the (imo) horrible headlight looking version? :dry::lol:;)

My old man used to have a TVR Cerbera back about 16 years odd ago so I've a lot of love for these.

His was the 4.5 Ltr V8, ...what version engine are you going for? and are you going for the classic (older) headlight version or the (imo) horrible headlight looking version? :dry::lol:;)

Used to see a 5.0 Cerbera when i was walking to school every morning. God that sound.

Used to see a 5.0 Cerbera when i was walking to school every morning. God that sound.

They're incredible imo.

When my old man used to be driving home I could probably hear his TVR from about a mile away. To this day I've still not experienced acceleration like I did in his car when we had been out in it together. Took it on Castle Combe with him a few times too which was great fun.

His was reliable too in the time he owned it but it was a fairly new car then with it only being a year or two old when he got it. He did have a TVR Chimaera for a year or so before the Cerbera but after the Chimaera broke down on him once & developed a water leak into the passenger footwell he decided to trade up for the Cerbera. B)

• Like 1

^^^ a cheery thought ^^^

Racist.

Why not an Indian? Lol.

North American indigenous people's preferred nomenclature is not something with which I am sufficiently well versed to throw around lightly, so I went with cowboy.

• Like 1

^^^ a cheery thought ^^^

Racist.

Why not an Indian? Lol.

North American indigenous people's preferred nomenclature is not something with which I am sufficiently well versed to throw around lightly, so I went with cowboy.

John Wayne Gary Cooper and Clint Eastwood boxed sets :)

Not fussed which engine, it'll be one of the AJP V8s though, not gonna touch a Speed6 with a barge pole! Seems there's not much real world difference between the 4.2 and the 4.5, bar the 4.5s being a lot rarer.

I prefer the newer headlights, though I won't say no to an older one if everything else is right. I really want a brightly coloured one with a bonkers interior :)

Not fussed which engine, it'll be one of the AJP V8s though, not gonna touch a Speed6 with a barge pole! Seems there's not much real world difference between the 4.2 and the 4.5, bar the 4.5s being a lot rarer.

I prefer the newer headlights, though I won't say no to an older one if everything else is right. I really want a brightly coloured one with a bonkers interior :)

My Dads was a purple colour which sort of shifted colour slightly in different light conditions. The interior was cream white leather coloured and still one of the best interiors I've seen in a car he has owned ~ the stitching & dial layout was fantastic.

Think this below was the colour...

20090222_04b.jpg

Found a nice one here I think for sale: http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/tvr/cerbera/late-v8-high-specification-ajp/5565988?v=b

:thumbs: