Oil change recomendations

Randy_Baton

I need to top up my oil a little bit, its down to 1/2 full. I'm not sure whats in there at the moment so was planning on getting a garage to do a full oil change at some point in the very near future.

Any recommendations on what oil I should use. I know it should be 5w30 fully synthetic but that only narrows down the range! I only drive once or twice a week and do <5k a year and I'm fairly sensible with the accelerator pedal.

Preferably something I could get from Halfords at the weekend, so I can top up it up, but could get something from Opie for a full change further down the line. Also how much oil would a full change need?

Edited by Randy_Baton

I bought them Mobil 3000 X1 Formula XE from Halfords to top up every now and then (I think i got them 5Litre for £19.99 when they are on offer, its £29.99 now) . Alternatively, if you are near to Eurocarparts, Shell Helix HX7 Pro (http://www.eurocarpa...72231&0&cc5_247 ) should be OK for £19.99 (5 litre)

Edited by veeg33

img425_1KARLIN%20CLEVIN%20MAN%20HOMME.jpg

though actually I think ekona is right, Halfords stuff has to pass the same regulations as all other motor oils, 5w/30 fully synth will be fine if its just a top up.

but if you're only halfway down the dipstick, as long as you're not drastically burning oil, it'll be fine for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1