Kids

Flex

Kids my choice or go and speak to past me and shake me!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is it selfish not to have children?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hypothetically speaking (and the poll is private) would you go back in time and have a little talk with yourself and say 'listen don't splash the baby gravy'
    • Do you feel that all you are now is a glorified child minder?
    • I'm definitely never, ever going to have children, the thought makes my bones shiver.

One month in to having to look after a dependent. It's hard work at times, but not as bad as I had imagined.

Actually thinking about booking first holiday aboard with our daughter end of the year....and the Tesla fund is 100% intact, if anything my wife is now getting excited about it, or maybe she cannot wait to see the Leaf go :).

In short I still don't think it's selfish not to have kids, but having a kid isn't as hard/bad/expensive as I had thought....Actually quite enjoying it so far!!

Glad its going well,

after having twins my outlook on life has been changed forever.

wouldn't change it for the world; scared the crap out of me before they came, but you settle into the role surprisingly quickly and easily.

• Like 3

Well done matey, the 'difficulty' does go up and down and different ages bring different challenges. It is funny but I found I just couldnt stop watching my son when he was a baby, just watching him sleep, it all sounds odd I guess but until you have been there...

• Like 1

One month in to having to look after a dependent. It's hard work at times, but not as bad as I had imagined.

Actually thinking about booking first holiday aboard with our daughter end of the year....and the Tesla fund is 100% intact, if anything my wife is now getting excited about it, or maybe she cannot wait to see the Leaf go :).

Glad its going well. As Coldel said, it varies depending upon their ages. For the first 6 months or so they tend to sleep most of the time, so you can get loads done whilst they are sleeping. Its just the night times which did me in. Having to get up every 2 hours every night to feed them. Unfortunately we had to bottle feed, so it was me doing all the getting up whilst the wife slept soundly.

When they start crawling it all changes as you have to constantly keep an eye on them. At least by then they are in their own bedroom and sleeping through the night (if your lucky) they also tend to have an afternoon nap so you can get the housework etc done then.

Then when they start walking & playing more then you really dont seem to have any spare time at all as they want you to constantly play with them and wont let you sit still for a second. You cant even go out & wash your car as they will want to try and help you. And the tantrums start, the fits, crying & screaming... At least by then they are talking and you can have some really funny conversations with them.

All good fun. Im expecting baby number 2 to arrive in a couple of months so will have to go through it all again...... oh the joy!

EDIT: Holiday wise, we werent brave enough go abroad however when they are a baby its quite a good time to do it as they sleep on the plane etc. and you dont really need to take much with you. We have stuck to UK Holidays. Once they get slightly older it becomes more hassle as the amount of stuff you have to take becomes unreal. When we go the car is loaded up to the brim with toys/bikes/clothes/travel cot/nappes etc etc.

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1

EDIT: Holiday wise, we werent brave enough go abroad however when they are a baby its quite a good time to do it as they sleep on the plane etc. and you dont really need to take much with you. We have stuck to UK Holidays. Once they get slightly older it becomes more hassle as the amount of stuff you have to take becomes unreal. When we go the car is loaded up to the brim with toys/bikes/clothes/travel cot/nappes etc etc.

Sleep on plane, lucky for some....... most babies I have seen on planes scream, cry and projectile vomit for hours on end!

• Like 2

When we were in the anti-natal classes one couple were planning on a 6 month round world trip 3 months after the birth of their first child, and they did!

There was an article in the Daily Mail about a couple who did that a few months back! I remember thinking how mad they were!