Air Vent Trims

davej

After seeing Bigphil's Z up at ESR, it's now been decided that the brushed aluminium vent trims are what we need, and being a yorkshireman i dont fancy paying £56 from the stealers, anyone point me in the direction of some more amenable priced ones

Thanks

Dave

Waste of money IMO. Funkystyling used to do sticker ones that were miles better than the actual metal ones. The metal ones that I had didn't stick down properly :dry:

+1 ........ I had a set of the Genuine alloy items , total rubbish.. do as Sarnie said get the sticker type..bargain price at under a tenner and looks 100% better (and they dont drop of like the nissan items) :)

I had dealer fit ones and the very first summer they lifted in the middle so looked bowed. Always bugged me but one of those smalls things you never get round to complaining about to the dealer.

Never seen the sticker ones in the flesh so cannot comment but got to be better than the dealer ones.

Waste of money IMO. Funkystyling used to do sticker ones that were miles better than the actual metal ones. The metal ones that I had didn't stick down properly :dry:

+1 ........ I had a set of the Genuine alloy items , total rubbish.. do as Sarnie said get the sticker type..bargain price at under a tenner and looks 100% better (and they dont drop of like the nissan items) :)

+2 Funkystyling :thumbs:

Here they are:

http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... =449002964

:thumbs:

I had dealer fit ones and the very first summer they lifted in the middle so looked bowed. Always bugged me but one of those smalls things you never get round to complaining about to the dealer.

Never seen the sticker ones in the flesh so cannot comment but got to be better than the dealer ones.

sticker type fitted to mine :)

satnav001.jpg

+3 Now known as JDMperformance, though. :thumbs:

Gonna have to disagree with you guys here.........

Had a set of Nissan ones originally, and yes they curled up in warm weather and really annoyed me.

Then bought a set of stickies from funky - really disappointed in them, they look like what they are, ie bits of shiny sticky plastic - cheap as chips, so not too bothered, but certainly wouldn't recommend them.

Decided that I would get another set of proper ones, and this time fit them properly. The secret is getting them bent to the same curve as the dashboard, before fitting them, then doesn't matter how warm it is, they won't be trying to peel off.

So, bought a second set from Nissan, and this time, spent the time ensuring they were bent to the exact curve of the dash - result !! Been on all last summer and not lifted a miliimetre, and look 100 times better than the shiny plastic.

all imho, of course

Gus

Mine have arrived andf they don't look too bad. Bit miffed about £3 for postage though as it was a single first-class stamp :dry: Still, they look ok and I`ll fit them at the weekend and see what I think.

They will hardly get noticed anyway, the GF is too busy screaming to notice a new vent colour :lol:

Mine have arrived andf they don't look too bad. Bit miffed about £3 for postage though as it was a single first-class stamp :dry: Still, they look ok and I`ll fit them at the weekend and see what I think.

They will hardly get noticed anyway, the GF is too busy screaming to notice a new vent colour :lol:

Where did you get them from?

JDMPerformance

JDMPerformance

Yup :lol:

I`ve put them on. TBH they are not quite the exact shape and by that I mean only a half mm out in some places. They look *ok* but I`m not sure, they may be a bit tacky. Will need to look again in daylight.

They could also do with being a lot stickier and I think they will fall off soon. They crease and bubble easily so are fiddly to fit.

There is no way I would glue them on so if they start to lift they are in the bin and a £10 lesson learnt!

JDMPerformance

Yup :lol:

Id say something to them as that is not acceptable