Clutch issues or being a Noob?

da.murf

Collected my first 350z last night. 2006 manual with 44k on it.

Totally love the car and does everything I could ever want. Did all the checks etc and seems a good car.

Tonight was first night I had tc switch off and jus T pulling out of a junction I dipped clutch built revs to approx 5k and dropped clutch.

The pedal stayed in against carpet and car hardly moved. Followed buy the lovely smell of cooked clutch.

I've had big hp motors before and never had issues with this method etc.

Where revs too high or Am I showing symptoms of clutch/slave cylinder failure??

Thanks

From what I've read on the subject and not any personal experience at all just to be clear. If your clutch bitting point was within usual tolerance to start and then after some spirited driving this has happened then I would go with slave cylinder. May be worth new fluid and re-bleed and go from there.

Can't remember of the top of my head what year they moved the slave cylinder inboard, but if on yours it on the outside happy day's. It's an easier fix if it is that.

Hopefully people can add to my poor attempt at helping.

Best of luck

Edited by Spoons
  • Like 1

5k rpm pulling out of a junction before engaging the clutch? Well at least we can be sure that you're not thrashing the granny out of it eh? :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just getting to know car and how it handles.... Has me worried after hearing clutch issues in some models?

5k rpm pulling out of a junction before engaging the clutch? Well at least we can be sure that you're not thrashing the granny out of it eh? :lol:

Just getting to know car and how it handles.... Has me worried after hearing clutch issues in some models?

Take it to a track then! I'm sorry bud, rare is it that I get on any high horse about bad driving but a 5k clutch dump out of what i assume was a T junction with the TC off is nowt short of driving like a div.

Which is fair enough if you ain't hurting anyone else but to then wonder why your clutch is giving you mither when it's having not far off red line throttle dumped through it from a standing start.

• Like 1

I apologise if this has came across wrong way.

I do track days and involved in motorsports and also motoring clubs etc

I was on an industrial Road where I work and was playing with tc function and getting to know the car.

I was testing the clutch as I was working through the potential problem areas, clicking axel, cd skipping gas struts.etc. I did a low speed run in high gear to check slip but then over did it slightly on testing at high rpm. Thus the concern.

Please Don't mistake me for an empty head who blasts on public roads as this seriously isn't the case.

Got my Zed three weeks ago,, been taking it easy for first few rides out,, Its not a work day car for me,, anhow,, first time I decide I know the car enough to step on the pedal,, the clutch pedal sticks to bulkhead,, serious smell of clutch burning and no able to change gear,, in regular drive mode works fine, no slipping etc,, I have an 06 with 40 K on the clock I find it strange clutch would be " broken " by now,,

Is the slave internal or external ?

Thanks for any feed back

Got my Zed three weeks ago,, been taking it easy for first few rides out,, Its not a work day car for me,, anhow,, first time I decide I know the car enough to step on the pedal,, the clutch pedal sticks to bulkhead,, serious smell of clutch burning and no able to change gear,, in regular drive mode works fine, no slipping etc,, I have an 06 with 40 K on the clock I find it strange clutch would be " broken " by now,,

Is the slave internal or external ?

Thanks for any feed back

As I recall it's external and pretty easy to change.

• Like 1

5K to pick away?! :scare: You drag racing the person next to you at the lights haha. As far as I'm aware there isn't much issues with Z clutches just that there a bit clunky and akward to use in traffic. 74K and still on the original.. and been through many 1/4 miles. just treat it well and it'll last. Unless of course as you say its slipping or done... lol