Revs going up but 350 not responsive.

Rhino

Alright gents,

Firstly sorry if this has been asked many times or if it's pinned. I haven't been able to locate anything. I have a 260 mile drive from Exmouth to Cambridge next week and my car has fallen ill.

The symptoms are as the title suggests, during the higher gears when the accelerator is pressed the revs are shooting up with no response/ pull from the Z.

I gave it a run out earlier to try and diagnose it better and it started happening as low as 3rd gear. Is the clutch slipping and in need of replacement of is there an easier fix?

It's a 350z GT4 with only 41,000 miles on it.

Any advice would be fantastic, thank you.

Rhino

I agree with the others as it does sound like clutch slip. If you do go down the route of replacing the clutch as it's a fairly big job you're best off replacing the flywheel as well at the same time.

Just Fyi though Rhino there are plenty of professional traders on here that can help you source the parts you'll need at better prices than most places.

All can be found here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/93-professional-traders/

Then all you need to do is find a good local independent garage to fit the parts. ;)

Brilliant, thank you all for your input. Finding a good local garage is the hardest part these days, my previous car went in for an MOT and was hit in a car park in which the garage also used and there was nothing that could be done about it. Thanks again for confirming the slipping clutch, i'll get on to it ASAP.

Much appreciated,

Rhino