Best alloys for track

ginger_man666

Hi everyone, the previous owner of my car put the alloys from a gt4 edition on it. I'm thinking of getting a set of rays alloys. My question is what would be better for using on the track, the gt4s or rays. I've heard that the rays are lighter and lightness on a track is good.

And before anyone says anything I'm not looking to go for anything bigger and aftermarket, I want the car to look reasonably standard.

Cheers

Depends how far you want to go with it really, a few kgs on wheels isn't a massive advantage when the car is so heavy anyway. If you have ripped out the interior and everything else then fair enough otherwise id say use some crappy alloys so it doesnt matter if you bend one or shovel gravel with them.

Completely disagree. Losing *unsprung* kgs makes much more of a difference to the car than a few *sprung* kgs does. It massively affects the handling, braking and acceleration of the vehicle, and it's the single best place on the car to lose weight.

I never really thought about wheel weight until the chap at the refurb place spent few minutes telling me how light the Rays are compared to many of the other wheels he'd refurbished. Though in fairness, he sees a lot of footballer's motors so they're probably all 21s off Range Rovers :lol: