Which HFC?

ASemper

Hi all, after doing some research I had decided to go for Berks HFC until I recently read of a few issues with them.

So I am just wondering if Berks would be a safe bet or if not, which HFC would you recommend? Will be to go with 350z ARK grip.

Cheers

What issues have you read that concern you?

I used to run Berks HFC's on my Zed ~ the sound was fantastic for starters. Build quality is very good. They did however cause my EML to come on which was eventually sorted when I had my Zed remapped (UpRev).

I have heard of some people having problems passing the MOT with HFC's but my Zed got through without issue. :thumbs:

I had read about possible MOT failure but the main concern was I think the metallic substrate breaking apart inside and coming out. It may have been a rare example so was trying to see if many others had this kind of problem

I had read about possible MOT failure but the main concern was I think the metallic substrate breaking apart inside and coming out. It may have been a rare example so was trying to see if many others had this kind of problem

I have heard of the metallic substrate breaking apart and coming out myself but from what I've heard that only happened on FI (Forced Induction) vehicles.

It was the main reason I sold my Berks HFC's and went to Berks De-Cats when I had my Zed supercharged otherwise I would have stayed with the HFC's. I think if your car is still just NA (Naturally Aspirated) then it should be of no concern. The quality of Berks products imo is very good. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Have had mine on for nearly a year now - Engine was uprevved as I had a licence and never had an issue with EML/MOT etc - sound great with the Fujitsubo exhaust

• Like 2

Had them for two years on my 350z and one year on my 370Z with no problems. Turbo'd cars might spit them out from what I've heard.

The make a highly addictive rasp on the 350z and a very loud mettalic rattlesnake snarl on the 370z.

Other options like the Cobra CATs are very expensive...

• Like 1

We have been selling them for a while and there have been a few issues on NA cars - its a pretty small percentage to be fair but it happens.

Also Berk do not guarantee they will pass a UK emissions test - so in the case where it doesn't then there is no warranty claim with berk

With Berk you only get 12 months warranty.

With Cobra you get two years warranty.

If you want a really solid HFC then I would recommend Fast Intentions - they are pricey and they are a long lead time

It all depends on preference I guess, I had Berk HFCs on my Zed no problem

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We have been selling them for a while and there have been a few issues on NA cars - its a pretty small percentage to be fair but it happens.

Also Berk do not guarantee they will pass a UK emissions test - so in the case where it doesn't then there is no warranty claim with berk

With Berk you only get 12 months warranty.

With Cobra you get two years warranty.

If you want a really solid HFC then I would recommend Fast Intentions - they are pricey and they are a long lead time

It all depends on preference I guess, I had Berk HFCs on my Zed no problem

Apologies for having to revive a thread that's a couple of months old.

Question on the Fast Intentions Resonated HFCs. My understanding is that these are 300 cell substrate cats (vs 200 cell on the Berks). Would the increased cell count make much of a difference in terms of passing the MOT?

I think with any HFC, come MOT time be prepared to swap them out for the OE ones as its never a given that they'll pass the emissions - some cars pass and some cars fail :dry:

I may as well decat then 😎

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...