Suspicious Oil Pressure

Karl92

Hi everyone,

I was wondering has anyone else had any strange oil pressure readings recently due to the cold weather ?

Originally the car has been running spot on but the last week for some reason with just the ignition on the oil pressure is just above 90psi

when I start the car the pressure shoots straight past 120 and remains there even till warm it has dropped just to/ slightly below 120 the other day whilst at temp in neutral but them when back in gear/under throttle it shoots straight back up

Im running motul 5w-30 oil at the moment which was changed maybe just over 1k ago and have checked my oil levels are all okay

im guessing it may be the oil pressure sensor but wanted to check here first encase im just being paranoid and its just due to the viscosity and the weather oh and its a vq revup

all help will be appreciated

thanks

Karl

When the sensor packs up the guage needle moves whilst the keys are in accessory position and engine not running. Had this with mine. Needle would go straight to 120 and i hadnt started the engine. New sensor fitted and all is good now

Edited by MIGWEL

Faulty sensor, I had the EXACT problem a month ago, replaced with a new one and back to normal readings.

thanks for the help everyone, where did you get the sensor from buddy

thanks

Karl

I have a used but good one in the office, if you want to say £10 + the p & p you can have it , just give me a call

thanks buddy that would be amazing ! ill give you a call on my lunch break

thanks

Karl