MPS4 or MPSS

gsexr

Someone has to be the first to try :D

If it were me, I think I'd also stick with the MPSS for now, at least until someone else has had a try of the MPS4 in the real world. It may very well be a staggeringly good tyre though!

That`s what i was thinking but didn`t want to miss out on whats known to be such a great tyre..... decisions.... decisions :)

Thinking if the MPS4 got rave reviews the MPSS might drop in price further but i guess being such a great tyre its not likely to get much lower

Edited by gsexr

With the launch of the Pilot Sport 4, Michelin are aiming to get the Pilot Sport name back on track. The new tyre borrows lessons learnt from both the Pilot Super Sport, and Michelins involvement with the Formula E race series. This has resulted in a tyre which has a much more performance focus than the Pilot Sport 3, but still retails excellent tread life, a strong wet performance and the good levels of comfort we've come to expect from a premium tyre.

:snack: thinking about it

Still got 040`s on the front so its gonna be a great improvement either way i guess.

Never found them too iffy but its only a weekend toy, Just dont want to buy something and regret it as i`ll have them on there about 5 years :lol:

From the press release:

"As for the fate of the much loved Pilot Super Sport? This tyre will continue to sit above the Pilot Sport 4, catering to those of us who want an even higher level of performance in 19 inches and above."

Source: http://www.tyrerevie...ess-Release.htm

Michelin said to EVO that the MPSS will only continue in OEM sizes. So if there's a car that came with the MPSS from the factory that happens to have the same size tyres you want to use then great, if not then time to move on.

EVO are normally pretty good at things like that, I'd be tempted to take their word.

Still got 040`s on the front so its gonna be a great improvement either way i guess.

Never found them too iffy but its only a weekend toy, Just dont want to buy something and regret it as i`ll have them on there about 5 years :lol:

:scare:

When you have the MPSS it will be like night and day compared to the 040's - believe me as having had both it will be like driving a different car with the confidence the MPSS give in both the dry and wet. But please do replace all 4 at the same time otherwise you find the handling is likely to be all over the place. :thumbs:

From the press release:

"As for the fate of the much loved Pilot Super Sport? This tyre will continue to sit above the Pilot Sport 4, catering to those of us who want an even higher level of performance in 19 inches and above."

Source: http://www.tyrerevie...ess-Release.htm

Michelin said to EVO that the MPSS will only continue in OEM sizes. So if there's a car that came with the MPSS from the factory that happens to have the same size tyres you want to use then great, if not then time to move on.

EVO are normally pretty good at things like that, I'd be tempted to take their word.

But according to that link in Haydn's post I read that as the MPSS is still being kept for performance focused cars, so to me the MPS4 is for mainstream cars.....just hope it gets better reviews than the MPS3.

Edited by Ebized

Lets not go there as it will just be the two fronts for now.

Nowt wrong with me rear tyres :thumbs: couple of Kumho KU19. Thought about some Kunho`s KU19 for the front but not seeing them about at a cheap price and not too sure about the KU39`s ( found them for about 70 quid which is a massive saving )

Bearing in mind i just like a spirited bit of driving now and then and the rears have been on the car since i`ve had it so i`m used to them.

MPSS is twice the price and i know they are awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but do i need them is the question.

Still not found a ditch yet

Nowt wrong with me rear tyres :thumbs: couple of Kumho KU19. Thought about some Kunho`s KU19 for the front but not seeing them about at a cheap price and not too sure about the KU39`s ( found them for about 70 quid which is a massive saving )

Bearing in mind i just like a spirited bit of driving now and then and the rears have been on the car since i`ve had it so i`m used to them.

MPSS is twice the price and i know they are awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but do i need them is the question.

When you do find the ditch, your question will be answered. ;):lol:

If you are putting arguably the best road tyre only on the front and keeping (what I presume) are part worn budget tyres on the rear that ditch is quite likely to be found sooner rather than later. You will have so much grip on the front end giving you confidence to push into the corners that the rear will lose traction so much sooner. For the sake of a few hundred quid, don't risk it.

If you search for KU19`s on the net the best i can come up wit is £105 so not that budget but i knew you guys would get excited if i told you i had them.

Went for an early morning blast with Darren B when he had his super charged 350 and Cordel had his vx220 and a couple of other guys and i seemed to keep up ok mid pack without losing it.

Perhaps i`m just a great wheel man. :D

I quite like a decent front end and happy to control the rear, must come from me cortina days :lol: