MPS4 or MPSS

gsexr

I wouldn't be mixing either. Also if you do get MPSS for the fronts, then when you come to replace the rears you'll have to mix yet again as the MPSS will no longer be available. So either stick with what you've got or replace all four, would be my suggestion.

Edited by SHEZZA

That was their own words, not the Michelin press release though.

If you read the comments on that article from TyreReviews they seem to have gone back to Michelin a few times for info. Especially this comment:

"The Pilot Super Sport will be replaced in 2017, but the replacement will be a new tyre, not simply a Pilot Sport 4 in a bigger size."

Thats what makes me think about going for the MPS4`s as they should be around for a while if i need to do my rears. The rears have done 8k and still have 5.5mm of tread left. So if they were 8mm from new they have a way to go. I only do about 3k a year

Sort of why I am wondering about the MPSS or MPS4 or maybe something different but dont want it feeling shite on the front end as its ok at the moment. I know MPSS are the mutz nutz but do i really need them. Not every drive is a performance trip if you know what i mean... ( dont want to offend any of you budding racing drivers out there )

Other tyres to consider are welcomed in this thread if you think they will compliment my Kumho`s because i would get the KU19`s to match if they were cheaper but dont want to pay £105 when the MPSS are only £127. I dont want KU39`s because they are different so might as well get what is a better tyre ( the MPSS )

Perhaps the old Falkens would be better to go with my Kumho`s.

Read the link, figure out for yourself if it's worth the risk.

With the greatest of respect, quoting something you wrote yourself twice isnt going to make it more true mate. Mixing tyre compounds used to happen in EVERY major race series and manufacturers also supply tyres with different treads front and back, never mind different compounds and widths.

Manufacturers like Nissan spend billions of pounds on development, true ......... and we then immediately rip off what they put on and run our favourites anyway. And this ..........

A set of Michelin Pilot Sport 2s will be infinitely better than a set of Nankang Ditchfinders, but a car with four Nankangs will be more controllable, more predictable and safer than a car running two of each.

Just isnt accurate, 2 RE050A on the front will stop the car quicker than NS2's all round. As Ive said before, run matched tyres all round if you can but having different tyres on two axles is not going to mean the car immediately drives itself into the next field.

I take it MPSS is pilot supersport? And MPS4 are pilot sport 4?

I put Michelin pilot sport 3's on my 2005 Accord and they perform very well in all conditions but I've not tried the pilot supersports.

Edited by Superman001

I take it MPSS is pilot supersport? And MPSS are pilot sport 4?

I put Michelin pilot sport 3's on my 2005 Accord and they perform very well in all conditions but I've not tried the pilot supersports.

Nope

MPSS - Michelin Pilot Super Sport

MPS4 - Michelin Pilot Sport 4

• Like 1

If you search for KU19`s on the net the best i can come up wit is £105 so not that budget but i knew you guys would get excited if i told you i had them.

Went for an early morning blast with Darren B when he had his super charged 350 and Cordel had his vx220 and a couple of other guys and i seemed to keep up ok mid pack without losing it.

Perhaps i`m just a great wheel man. :D

I quite like a decent front end and happy to control the rear, must come from me cortina days :lol:

Wasn't I at the back lol 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...