My poor 350

Wendy

The Good news - I have not had to dig my cherished newly painted Corrado VR6 out of the garage. I have a

Hire Car - it was going to be a KA - short for KAK I think. But no, I have a VW Jetta - whihc personally

I am quite happy about. No, its not my 350 but at least I have wheels and a half decent one.

My 350 is being collected tomorrow and going to a Bodyshop I know and would be happy to use personally,

so that is quite a result too.

Initially on hearing the age of my car, it was said - oh that might be a

Write off !!!! I know I have not posted any pictures up for any of you to see - but really. 48000 miles,

11 years old and needs a near offside Quarter panel and paint on 3 panels and new alloy. I am not up to

speed on the current price of my car - but its got to be 6k plus to replace.

I did drive it home and I would be surprised it did come back with a report of the suspension not

being straight as I had no concerns what so ever in that area. Anyway enough speculation - I will wait

to be advised their further findings and go from there.

Fingers crossed it will all runs smoothly.

Will message you back shortly Wendy.

I recall, a rear quarter panel 'alone' is £500+ then you have fitting, painting and the likes. Oh don't forget a new alloy from Nissan is probably going to be somewhere in the region of £500 (I would have guessed). You'll be talking £2.5k+ if it's an insurance repair.

Don't ............... I don't want it written off !!

I know I then have an option of buy back etc etc.

I would probably have to then just hire a R8 or something similar for the Scotland trip !!!!!

Regarding a cash pay out and buy another - what a pain that will be, the time and travel alone.

It takes me forever to buy new cars, then I only get tempted to buy other things and then the

Cayman just might get a look in. !!!!

Nothing on my Toolbar is working- what have I done to stop it ?

Sorry to hear this Wendy, I'm sure the insurance company can't write it off if you insist you don't want it to be, it's your car and you own it. I guess you could agree an amount of money and get it repaired yourself.

• Like 1

Wendy,

An R8 for Scotland !!!! Just make sure I'm down as a named driver !

I am sure if you talk to insurers you can come to a suitable arangement, start looking on auto trader for similar age and mileage cars, that way if they do write it off you can make sure you get a fair payout and don't accept their first offer ( I argued for nearly two weeks to get my daughter a better "fair market value"), alternatively, you can use the info to help argue for a repair.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

• Like 1

Search out lots of adverts online for similar age/mileage cars from dealers ready to show the insurance if they do write it off so you can justify its true value. Low Miles is everything and that`s where your value will come from.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/nissan/350_z/postcode/pl158rl/radius/1500/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_50000_miles/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew

might give you an idea

Edited by gsexr
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thought after so long, I should update this thread.

My car went into the body shop - Carbody in Banbury. Although the work was good that was done on the car, I did have some problems - mainly in being advised the car would be ready in 2 days, several times to be let down. Then when I finally got it back initially the alloy had not been done, tyre not replaced and was still a scuff on the rear quarter panel.

However - everything is good now.

I have to say Highway Insurance were superb throughout. Updating me regularly and dealing with any issues promptly and efficiently.

I did get a copy of the Insurance work - it came to £2300.

I would recommend Highway all day long on my experience.

After seeing your photo's of the damage and the finished repair @ Japfest last sunday, I'd say they did a top job Wendy. :thumbs: being in the "trade" I've seen some horrific repairs done to much younger cars over the years.

Glad it's sorted....Scotland here we come! :yahoo:

Thought after so long, I should update this thread.

My car went into the body shop - Carbody in Banbury. Although the work was good that was done on the car, I did have some problems - mainly in being advised the car would be ready in 2 days, several times to be let down. Then when I finally got it back initially the alloy had not been done, tyre not replaced and was still a scuff on the rear quarter panel.

However - everything is good now.

I have to say Highway Insurance were superb throughout. Updating me regularly and dealing with any issues promptly and efficiently.

I did get a copy of the Insurance work - it came to £2300.

I would recommend Highway all day long on my experience.

Hate that place!! If you see my crash thread lol they tried saying the person I crashed into needed 3500 worth of work done on the car when all my car needed was a front bumper lol!

Carbody in Banbury I mean lol

Edited by -Bradders-