I don't always do Nankangs

Ekona

...but when I do, they look like this:

AR-1-01.jpg

The Nankang AR-1

Literally brand-new, only very limited supplies right now along with limited sizes. For Zed peoples I can only see them in 225/40/18 (£120) and 265/35/18 (£150) right now, but this is going to be expanded very soon so I'd expect to see a much better selection in 18". They're EU marked so road legal, although I'd expect their wet weather characteristics to be somewhat interesting with that tread pattern. However, given the hysteria we had a few years back with the EU re-classifying what could be used as a road tyre and the fear that 888s would be made illegal, it's incredibly encouraging to see a road legal tyre that looks basically like a bike tyre coming to the market.

I've not ordered any yet, but I think for the prices these have to be worth a shot. :)

• Like 4

Will try now NS2R on my front axel. For rears would be nice if they will have in 2 months of time 275/40. Otherwise i will need to go with R888 as they are only dot approved slick tyre in 275/40

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Really interesting find there Dan! I was very hopeful with the federals FZ-201 but limited sizes meant I never got to buy a set. I'm sure the R888 or R888r will be better but if they are half price and 60-80% the performance then they will be worth a punt.

Kinda what I'm thinking. I mean, do you remember when the 888s came out and they undercut the A048s by so much for 90% of the performance that everyone started switching across? Few years later and Toyo find themselves in the same position as Yokohama were then, with the upstarts now making tyres that are close to the performance of the big guys.