Air Intake Vent

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a question regarding the vent below that I found for sale on Ebay. Obviously it will greatly improve the air intake as it will be much more direct but will it make a significant difference to how the car drives/performs. Not really thinking of getting one, but if there was a tangible benefit then maybe I might.

Thanks.

I've asked this before with no answer yet, does anyone make these without holes for screws in them? The holes just ruin them for me!

Also I like the lack of symmetry for DEs :D

I agreed, much prefer it with one intake, looks meaner. Symmetry is so predictable ;)

It surely must help air flow. Fresh cold air straight into the air box. I wonder if there's a way of getting some kind of piping down to the grill of the bumper rather than change the look of the front of the car. Just a thought. If you did this mod before mapping and RR neither the map (unless done out on the road) or the RR would give a true indication of the extra cold air this would be getting whilst moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarmacsportz sell them without screw holes, but only as a pair.

Unless your boosted with extra under bonnet temps or doing some serious track work it will make little difference, pretty much every car on the road has an air box under the bonnet with no direct venting.

Get a torq app going, that gives you air intake temp, cut the vent in and see if it changes ;)

• Like 1

I've asked this before with no answer yet, does anyone make these without holes for screws in them? The holes just ruin them for me!

Also I like the lack of symmetry for DEs :D

I agreed, much prefer it with one intake, looks meaner. Symmetry is so predictable ;)

:scare: :scare: :scare:

:lol: