Ford Focus RS

MJC

Anyone considering the new Focus RS? With a baby on the way and my lease car going back in a few months i'm on the lookout for something quick, but which will not depreciate as quick as the new Mustang.

I've already agreed to sell the 350z for not very much to a friend and will be needing to order something in the next couple of weeks.

Any thoughts on the RS?- it will be in the metallic blue with DVD/sat nav sports pack and luxury pack.

• Like 1

[quote name='rabbitstew' timestamp='1455712597' post='1587464']
Surely with demand so high, depreciation of both cars wouldnt be much over the first 12 months? Or are Ford going to just flood the market with millions of them?
[/quote]

6000 focus Rs's apparently and they've had deposits for around 2,000 as of January. As for mustang numbers, I imagine as many as they can sell.

[quote name='rabbitstew' timestamp='1455712597' post='1587464']
Surely with demand so high, depreciation of both cars wouldnt be much over the first 12 months? Or are Ford going to just flood the market with millions of them?
[/quote]

G man posted up the other day that there are some kicking around for sale at list price at Ford dealers (one for sale at a dealer he visited), so you can buy one tomorrow. I am guessing lots of people speculated these would be fetching high premiums and they are not, so better to loose the £1000 deposit than however much on depreciation.

Think the Focus maybe a different story with the RS heritage.

• Like 1

They do look nice on paper and in pictures (Especially the blue)... not seen one in the flesh though, but there is something about a 5 door hatch that is just so unappealing to me. 3 doors and may have put a deposit down already.

5 doors = parent mobile (Yes, I realise that the Lancia Delta had 5 doors - but think how much cooler it would have been with 3)

3 doors = hot hatch

:)

I've always had a soft spot for the fast Ford cars- i've had a couple of RS's and a racing puma- which is still one of the best handling cars i've ever driven. The Focus RS depreciation always looks low- the second hand 2010 cars are still only £9k under list price which is excellent.

I've been offered a new full spec car for August delivery, with no premium, so i wouldn't be paying over the odds.

Sadly i have to agree with the parent mobile, but needs must!

• Like 1

It's not as exciting looking as an RS should be, but I'd love to drive one and find out if it's any good. Looks like it could be a modern day Impreza, which works for me.

But no, I'm with Brillo on this one, I'd pick something slower and RWD with a BMW badge on the front instead of the Focus.

Anyone who thinks the Muystang and Focus will depreciate about the same is somewhat deluded IMO, you only have to look at the FRS 1 and 2 prices to see that.

You knwo its going to be bloody quick, easily remappable and relatively cheap to run, difficult to find a better performance family wagon when taking the non existent depreciation into account IMO.

[quote name='MJC' timestamp='1455715580' post='1587481']
I've always had a soft spot for the fast Ford cars- i've had a couple of RS's and a racing puma- which is still one of the best handling cars i've ever driven. The Focus RS depreciation always looks low- the second hand 2010 cars are still only £9k under list price which is excellent.

I've been offered a new full spec car for August delivery, with no premium, so i wouldn't be paying over the odds.

Sadly i have to agree with the parent mobile, but needs must!
[/quote]

I only sold FRP 441 at the start of last year, it was my garage queen :)

Lovely little motors. I had 338 until early 2008 when i stupidly sold it and bought a new Astra SRI. Keep thinking about dipping my toe into the market and buying another one... I'm still a member on Pumapeople and have been keeping a close watch over the for sale section.

• Like 1

[quote name='MJC' timestamp='1455710605' post='1587449']
Anyone considering the new Focus RS? With a baby on the way and my lease car going back in a few months i'm on the lookout for something quick, but which will not depreciate as quick as the new Mustang.

[/quote]

I never thought I see the words, 'baby on the way', Focus RS, and Mustang in the same sentence.

We nearly had a panic the other week when going shopping for push chairs etc...For a moment I realised why all of our friends with babies have a C-max type thing :lol:.

Than we found this little beauty (BabyZen Yo Yo), even with a new born carrycot attached it folds the same way.....and it'll fit the boot of a Mustang with a no issues :) .

[url="https://youtu.be/_ymFIbFEljs"]https://youtu.be/_ymFIbFEljs[/url]

• Like 1