me moaning about the clock again

nixy

as lots of you will remember there is no clock on the JDM computer pod - it is in the headunit. My new head unit unbelievably doesn't appear to have a clock. I don't often wear a watch but as it's dark at the moment when I go to and from work it wouldn't be much use anyway. Any ideas of something I can do/get to tell the time which is crucial when you're rushing to work! (zedrush, don't bother posting any silly pictures of big ben on the dashboard !!!!) ;)

Id go with the HUD.

Yiou can get them from Argos IIRC.

Its just a small digital clock that projects the time onto any surface, in this case it would be your windscreen.

You been in a vette? it's the same kind of thing they use for their speedo/rev counter

That second one's not too horrendous if you could find somewhere it was mostly hidden. I don't know if you can use the ipod display while it's plugged into the headunit, it just says alpine on the front of it - I'll have a try as that might be the best solution if I had the back light switched on.

That second one's not too horrendous if you could find somewhere it was mostly hidden. I don't know if you can use the ipod display while it's plugged into the headunit, it just says alpine on the front of it - I'll have a try as that might be the best solution if I had the back light switched on.

I've got one of these in the cubby. It sits in the cradle for my satnav, held in place with a blob of blutak on the back. I only use the satnav occasionally so it works fine. :thumbs:

I've got one of these in the cubby. It sits in the cradle for my satnav, held in place with a blob of blutak on the back. I only use the satnav occasionally so it works fine. :thumbs:

After checking out the ipod and phone solutions, neither which work - I think I'll do the same. Changing the pods is a bit like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut for me.