to tune or not to tune? :S

LDUNKZ18

just purchased my 350z last Saturday. being a spray painter I plan a respray and a few bodywork extras but not sure if to tune the engine.

basically looking for a guide of what upgrades I'd need to get more bhp from her. And I live in the north of Scotland so will need to travel for a remap. who and where is best and some reasons why would be good to hear also.

2004 de engine with 75k miles. full decat hks true dual system.

just purchased my 350z last Saturday. being a spray painter I plan a respray and a few bodywork extras but not sure if to tune the engine.

basically looking for a guide of what upgrades I'd need to get more bhp from her. And I live in the north of Scotland so will need to travel for a remap. who and where is best and some reasons why would be good to hear also.

2004 de engine with 75k miles. full decat hks true dual system.

Where abouts in the north buddy?

Sent from my potato using duct tape

If you want to go faster, do the brakes, wheels and tyres first. If you just want bigger numbers, then a plenum spacer and a remap with what you've got will be fine.

I get the brakes and tyres bit, but wheels? Where's the gains, the Rays are featherweight and 18s. What would you go for instead?

zeppojeff, i'll be up for a meet in the next couple of months, wanting to paint my z before I start using it and the weather still sucks! I checked out dynatune and they do uprev maps :thumbs:

Awesome...any idea what colour?

Dynatune is where I got mine done as he was doing an offer at the time. Don't think he is doing the offer anymore but he is a trader on here so give him a shout

zeppojeff, i'll be up for a meet in the next couple of months, wanting to paint my z before I start using it and the weather still sucks! I checked out dynatune and they do uprev maps :thumbs:

Awesome...any idea what colour?

Dynatune is where I got mine done as he was doing an offer at the time. Don't think he is doing the offer anymore but he is a trader on here so give him a shout

Pretty much this:

If you want to go faster, do the brakes, wheels and tyres first. If you just want bigger numbers, then a plenum spacer and a remap with what you've got will be fine.

The 'bigger numbers' are absolutely tiny unless you go forced induction LDUNKZ18.

Or if you have a huge chunk of cash to do the NA route properly but I've not seen anyone over here do that (bare that in mind).

:lol:

Depending on what you use the car for, I'd do the above (pads/lines/discs/fluids/tyres) change all of the suspension bushings, upgrade the suspension as well as having adjustable geo options and a good geo set-up for what you use it for.

Then you'll feel a huge difference :D

There's always a lighter option. ;)

But not a forged stronger option for reasonable money. ;)

Luckily I quite like the design of the rays, mainly as the 3 dots on each spoke matches the door handles. I've been looking for some similar weight but wider alloys for years and never found any that are reasonably priced enough to make me switch. Might have to after the TTs though. :(

Its been painted solid white in the past and not been looked after so needs doing again. Will be a easy job tho wont need to do inside of the doors etc. My plan was to wrap one white anyways so when a solid white one came up i thought boost! And yeah i do have rays and for the time being they will be staying on the car. Once i get it painted i will get my uprev sorted and take things from there. Also have the tango seats.. i actually love the colour of them never thought i would.