Just had dyno run...

zippypooz

I was surprised though, its pretty much gained 18-20hp so far, without spending a huge amount. I think these mods are a pretty good guide as to what youre going to get from your cars performance if one is thinking about modding without spending a fortune. Mine now has much more torque than before and a little louder but not in a bad way.

Well done mate, amazed me when folks say the 350z won't show any long term gains with breather mods without a remap lol

Any pics on the dyno or videos

David

No base dyno to compare too. So in honesty those numbers are completely worthless.

• Like 1

Well done mate, amazed me when folks say the 350z won't show any long term gains with breather mods without a remap lol

David

No base dyno to compare too. So in honesty those numbers are completely worthless.

+1 and you cant compare one dyno to another or a dyno pull on one day with another

As long as it drives well , thats all that matters

David

But stock it doesnt run at 295
  • Like 1

David

+1 and you cant compare one dyno to another or a dyno pull on one day with another

As long as it drives well , thats all that matters

All ive done is post the dyno, the car was standard, with maybe a little loss of hp with age, ive done the mentioned mods and theres the dyno reading. Im sure the car wasnt 295 when built. Edited by zippypooz

David

Well no, but dynos are not gospel and 100% accurate, it may well have read 295 on that dyno before the mods is what is being said.

My old tuner could make the dyno read any figure he wanted by putting in different figures to get the corrected power.

Dynos are tuning tools and nothing more, the figures should be taken with a pinch of salt buddy.

• Like 1

David

Well no, but dynos are not gospel and 100% accurate, it may well have read 295 on that dyno before the mods is what is being said.

My old tuner could make the dyno read any figure he wanted by putting in different figures to get the corrected power.

Dynos are tuning tools and nothing more, the figures should be taken with a pinch of salt buddy.

I know they can differ but i do know the dyno used is pretty accurate, i do concede to some points though...but overall id like to think there is a tiny bit of truth in the reading. At least its up not down! All i can do is post the reading, make of it what you will.

David

Correct. However dyno's are not accurate machines. For example - My VXR8 showed a 34hp difference between 2 different dyno's within the same week.

Without a base dyno run on the SAME dyno without your mods, you don't know what you have or haven't gained.

Sorry to be negative on your thread mate, it's just a run over from a previous thread that myself and Dave were involved in.

• Like 2

David

Correct. However dyno's are not accurate machines. For example - My VXR8 showed a 34hp difference between 2 different dyno's within the same week.

Without a base dyno run on the SAME dyno without your mods, you don't know what you have or haven't gained.

Sorry to be negative on your thread mate, it's just a run over from a previous thread that myself and Dave were involved in.

Well maybe i need to get it dyno'd elsewhere to compare. What i will say this that there more noticable torque which is nice.
  • Like 1

David

Well maybe i need to get it dyno'd elsewhere to compare. What i will say this that there more noticable torque which is nice.

Why? Its not a comparison, its a different dyno and a different day.

The only reasonably close comparison would be dyno in the morning, do the mods, dyno in the afternoon and even then something as simple as air intake temp could throw the readings. Forget the figures buddy, dynos are for tuning, the only thing hp figures are good for is pub talk.

If your happy and feel there is an improvement thats all that matters :)

• Like 2

Interesting to see the same dyno arguments being made regarding cars, as there are with bikes (where my experience lies).

Dynos are expensive to calibrate properly, so most aren't... therefore the absolute figures are irrelevant, and they should just be used to provide relative figures (e.g. compare pre vs post modification on same dyno)

At least, that's my experience from bike tuning.

Interesting to see the same dyno arguments being made regarding cars, as there are with bikes (where my experience lies).

Dynos are expensive to calibrate properly, so most aren't... therefore the absolute figures are irrelevant, and they should just be used to provide relative figures (e.g. compare pre vs post modification on same dyno)

At least, that's my experience from bike tuning.

Wewll as long as ive made 'some' gains then im happy!