Recommendations for a new sway bar/ anti roll bar

davedutch

Hi,

I want to stiffen up the front end of the 370 a bit, I will not be tracking the car but do like to push it a bit when conditions allow.

I don't really want to go to the expense of coilovers at the moment so I was thinking of a stiffer sway bar and drop links as a starting point then perhaps coilovers towards the end of the year.

Without spending many hundreds of pounds can anyone suggest a suitable brand or are they all pretty much the same and you just pay for the name?

Also should I do front and rear at the same time?

Finally, is this a job for a relative novice with limited tools and no garage, I. E. Trolley jack, axle stands and socket set on my driveway.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I fitted front and rear Eibachs to mine back in the summer, front is set to full hard but rear is on the middle but I will drop it to the softest next chance I get. In the US they usually just do the front and some even remove the rear one altogether as its the front that really requires upgrading

Haven't had any experience with them myself, but I was looking into them for a little while too and was always ending up at Eibach :)

By the way, if you did jump to coilovers in the near future, I will be putting up my basically new Torqen coilovers for sale in about 7 weeks or so :)

Dave,

I've even fitted those on my GT-R, Eibach are really good :) Had those on 350z and 370z. Do a bit of reading in how to adjust it, but you can start from the softest setting on both front and rear and go from there, depending on how you want the car, tail happy or lots of grip.

You could also change the drop links, unfortunately there is no cheap version available for the 370z, Whiteline only does the rear droplinks, although they told me @ SEMA that they had the prototype for a long time. The only other company that does the full set of drop links is the top of the range SPL.

Prices here:

http://www.torqen.uk/370z/suspension/swaybars/1348-370z-eibach-front-and-rear-sway-bars-32mm29mm-6393320.html

http://www.torqen.uk/370z/suspension/arms-links/18-370z-spl-pro-front-sway-bar-end-links-spl-fe-z34.html

http://www.torqen.uk/370z/suspension/arms-links/19-370z-spl-pro-rear-end-links-spl-re-z33.html

The front it's quite easy to do, well, easy on the ramp, but should be OK at home on axle stands if you have the right tools and patience. The rear is a bit more difficult, as you need to take the exhaust and the W brace off to slide the ARB in.

Have a quick look here regarding the setting the droplinks: http://www.splparts.com/content/SPLREZ33.pdf

Hope this helps!

Adrian

So, do I need the drop links as well ? Or would most just replace the sway/ anti roll bars ? If they are needed why are they not included in the eibach kit ?

Also a bit concerned about Aidrian's comments regarding taking the exhaust etc off, that doesn't sound like the sort of thing I want to do on axle stands in January !!! Perhaps I need to wait for some warmer weather or save up for Mitz to fit !

Dave, I'm not saying it's impossible to be done, but it's time consuming, so be prepare for it :)

Droplinks don't come with the Eibach ARB's, you can buy them separate. You shouldn't need them unless you're dropping the height of the car on springs or coilovers. Surely Mitz can confirm regarding the rear exhaust part / W brace needing to be taken off to be able to do the rear ARBs. I've done it on so many 370z, several times on mine :)

I need to be tight this year!!!

My wife wants a new kitchen £15k, new bathroom £5-6k and the stairs upgrading £4k all this year !!!

I'm currently wondering what I can get for a kidney! and more seriously looking into a remortgage !

This is why I "want" to have a go myself, the budget is not there for Z "essentials"

• Like 1

I've got eibach and they are great.

I've also got the eibach lowering springs which go well with the matching arb. I didn't need adjustable droplinks. Spoke to eibach and they say they design the arb to work well with the lowering springs. This is probably why I didn't need the adjustable droplinks.

Is say get coilovers though. I'm going down that riots. Group buy happening in meister r just now. 20% off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had whitelines front and rear on my 350. Even on the softest setting the made it a little too tail happy for comfort even if the nose was nice and pointy. Taught me to be very careful before messing around with suspension / chassis, it's a complex set of variables.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

I'll have a look at the weekend

Can't afford bloody spl

Have a word with whitelite tell them to hurry up :)

Tight as ever! :lol:

Is not about tight when it comes to that stuff it's money no object price.

I'm not trying to win any competitions just have a little fun.

Had whitelines front and rear on my 350. Even on the softest setting the made it a little too tail happy for comfort even if the nose was nice and pointy. Taught me to be very careful before messing around with suspension / chassis, it's a complex set of variables.

I have whiteline the back can let go unexpectedly

Not in dry tho grips like fat kid on cake

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...