Anyone Airsoft?

Richie_k83

Just taken onboard another hobby.

Airsoft. Does anyone on here play..?

Had my first crack a few weeks ago at a place called the Mall in Reading.

Was an absolute blast...!

Anywho, i am using a gas powered P226 with laser/light combo

93d5db571f58f96869f414971a77a7a0.jpg

And an MP5 as my primary. Its a work in progress and has had a suppressor, Top rail, Red Dot sight and full stock.

fc6bd1512cfe060497fd7e2a2a884976.jpg

Will soon be relocating the battery into the stock, painting it black adding a bottom and side rail to mount a straight grip and torch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Richie_k83

Humm....If you get seen by curtain twitching nosey parkers in London flashing those things around, and have the wrong coloured skin I suspect your get a vist from the boys in blue pretty sharpish...Ofcourse not implying the London Met is anything but colour blind ;)

Thankfully i don't live in London or anywhere near it lol

Not to say there isn't any curtain twitchers round my neck of the woods. Just have to be conscious about moving them around at home. Last thing i want is my door being kicked in at 4am by the old bill lol

My mate from Blackpool is into this big time. He is part of "Team Rhino" a group who dress up in combat fatigues etc.

He upgrades and modifies these pelet/paintball gun things. They come with bright coloured parts, but everyone changes them out to look real.

Not my cup of tea at all.

Now when I was a kid it was all about having a "Johnny Seven" ðŸ˜

Edited by Shenley

Not into this myself (too fat :lol:) but I'm sure there was a thread in this and there were quite a few folks who were really into it. Try doing a search but in fairness it may have archived off as not sure how long ago it was.

Me and some mates were into this quite heavily, but go maybe once a month or so now. We did do the Mall once, it was pretty good fun, we managed to do one I no longer think operates, it was in an old victorian hospital and rather than semi auto only, full auto an no engagement rules , it was itense to say the least.

The modifying bug caught hold though, my M4 is running a shade below 350fps on .25 bb's but at 38 rps ;)

My mates recently moved onto the air conversions which are awesome, very quiet and reliable and can be tuned to run whatever fps and rps they want within reason, not cheap though.

Its all about the location and the people that run it imho, we are local to groundzero outfit and whilst its a great site its a very commercial outfit, so loads of kids charging about not taking their hits and then the regular teams that always seem to have one ex military in who when you do shoot them get all stroppy because they have been shot and complain your gun is firing hot and get you pulled out the game to be chrono'd.

Humm....If you get seen by curtain twitching nosey parkers in London flashing those things around, and have the wrong coloured skin I suspect your get a vist from the boys in blue pretty sharpish...Ofcourse not implying the London Met is anything but colour blind ;)

You really do have a chip on your shoulder about your skin colour dont you, trust me, if you get seen by a nosey parker with one of those skin colour wont come into it ;)

My brother got into this when he bought me a Zombie experience for my birthday last year (it was awesome by the way!) he and his mates now head off in full combat fatigues and various weaponry each weekend to get blasted haha

I used to play quite a bit. Unless the rules have changed, Your gun 'has got to be' blue (or sometimes yellow, yuk) when you are new and dont have a licence.

once you have been to 7 affiliated games with a few month period, you get your 'airsoft licence' and are allowed to own a reall looking gun.

the psi of your canisters is limited, but many people increase it to give more range (and better chance of bleeding an opponant).

but as a sport, its awesome. i used to like paintball until i played airsoft. now when i go paintball i cry because its so so so bad.

I used to play quite a bit. Unless the rules have changed, Your gun 'has got to be' blue (or sometimes yellow, yuk) when you are new and dont have a licence.

once you have been to 7 affiliated games with a few month period, you get your 'airsoft licence' and are allowed to own a reall looking gun.

the psi of your canisters is limited, but many people increase it to give more range (and better chance of bleeding an opponant).

but as a sport, its awesome. i used to like paintball until i played airsoft. now when i go paintball i cry because its so so so bad.

You have to have a UKARA licence to buy the replica painted ones. If you don't have it, they have to be 2 toned.

You don't need the licence to play though, only to buy.

The Mall...isn't that more suited to CQB type weapons?

My ICS M4 with custom parts....(about 4 year old pic tho :lol:)

DSC02037.jpg

Correct, it was bloody awesome! My Mp5 had a collapsable stock until my strap gave when i was using my pistol. The stock smashed when it hit the floor :(

I'm aware of the rules , thats why they are sat in the garage collecting dust , I expect I will need to cut them up at some point and dispose of them

Paint them bright colours and flog em :)

Unless you still have your licence, then you can sell em as they are.

Good to see so many are into it :)

Edited by Richie_k83

Never had a licence , never played airsoft just used them in the garden my mates widow gave them to me when he died , they hadnt even been used

got a couple of pistols somewhere I think as well in addition to a few proper airguns

20160109_1210061_zpsxuhs6fxw.jpg

20160109_1210461_zpscolr9wny.jpg

20160109_1210591_zpscyalbqur.jpg