Am i too old for buckets ?

Bodyboarder81

Well im 34 and feel bucket seats are for younger people !!

Does the zed suit these type of seats ? As its a gt car not a full blown sports car imo ..... But on a spirited drive the standard leather seats dont grip me enough and im slipping arounf quite a bit .

I have the light grey leather and i love the look of it but fancy a change .......

Looking into the recaro pole position buckets and get the middle parts re done in grey alcantara to match the other bits and bobs in my car .....

If anybody runs any fixed seat( i know a few do ) i would love to hear how you get on with them and the pros and cons of having them ..... And i pic ( as we all love pics!!)

Thanks josh

Nothing wrong with buckets, they're more supportive and I find them vastly more comfortable than regular seats in cars. However, you MUST get ones that you find comfortable, so try as many as you can before purchasing. :)

PS I'm 36 and I'm still fitting buckets ;)

• Like 1

Having seen your interior (which is bloody lovely) at the Ace cafe meet I think buckets may look a bit out of place... I got nothing against buckets but with all the alcantara you have on the dash it says luxury to me rather than striped out race car.

Would a Recaro Sportster CS or something similar fit? Might be a bit more suited than a fixed bucket and maintain that luxury look.

Having seen your interior (which is bloody lovely) at the Ace cafe meet I think buckets may look a bit out of place... I got nothing against buckets but with all the alcantara you have on the dash it says luxury to me rather than striped out race car.

Would a Recaro Sportster CS or something similar fit? Might be a bit more suited than a fixed bucket and maintain that luxury look.

Now your talking

I know what you mean ... But I think the pole positions once retrimed in the same alcantara with a nice embroidered logo would still be pretty classy ?

Don't really want to go gtr/ reclining seats as one plus point is the weight saving .... My cars a right lardy turd already with the charger and wot not fitted . Also the recaro recliners are stupid money :(

As I say I got nothing against them, in the right application they can look awesome but I'm not sure I'd say classy.

I don't know what the difference in weight would be but I'd image the pole position with a custom re trim would be close to CS money and they come in a variety of colours as standard.

Edited by Rich260
  • Like 1

Well considering recaro are probably the best seats money can buy I'd say there a great asset to any car, the standard cloth seats are hardly decent and classy anyways, so there a great upgrade buckets or recliners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" Well im 34 and feel bucket seats are for younger people !! "

That makes me an ancient relic then ha ha! Wouldnt stop me fitting buckets whatever age I was if that's what was needed.

You can always give me your frost grey leathers for spares if you like ;)

• Like 2

I would not like to run my seats in a daily car. Amazing or feeling and support but high sided fixed back seats are a pain. If its in a car you use on weekends or want that event of driving feeling then great, not for popping the shops in.

Edited by djtimo

Ive never found buckets too uncomfortable, if you can get a system like atomic with 3 way tilt you will probably find them more comfortable than oem. I actually found cloth jdm seats more comfortable than leather because you are sat lower and dont slip around so much.

Edited by Jetpilot

All good point for and against . This is what I needed to hear as it's not exactly cheap getting a decent set of buckets, as I'm pretty picky with how I would want it to look . Appreciate all the help and info and I'll have a good think about it once I have the quaife and coilovers fitted :)!

All good point for and against . This is what I needed to hear as it's not exactly cheap getting a decent set of buckets, as I'm pretty picky with how I would want it to look . Appreciate all the help and info and I'll have a good think about it once I have the quaife and coilovers fitted :)!

Can you hurry up and do that so I know to bother or not lol

• Like 1

Well im 34 and feel bucket seats are for younger people !!

I (and other half) are twice you age and we value the the bucket and 'hard' style seats for support when pressing on in the twisties but also on long journeys, as we found that with what might be described as the more comfy seats gave us both backaches. So these were our choice in the A45 over the leather options. :)

P1040210_zpsca959248.jpg

• Like 2