In Tokyo

Jack wellZ

So I got to Tokyo 5 days ago have been around a load of districts seen a nice amount of jap cars bub no zeds yet!! It's a bit disappointing but hey I will find one before I come home!

It's a lovely place here but can't really get use to the breakfast stuff, if anyone else has been here would love some recommendations on big stuff to do that I might not of done yet!

Edited by Jack wellZ

You will love it! But it will be very hot so be prepared. The issue with breakfast is that they have nothing to accommodate for English to be honest so I just pick at stuff then go to the restaurants around lunch time, if your in a good hotel you might be alright. Have a good trip!

Yeah im expecting it to be warm , limited options on when we can go though. We have some nice hotels planned , think we are in a Hilton group in Tokyo, also visiting Hiroshima, Kyoto and a couple of smaller places

Emergency breakfast! Find diners like Jonathan's and you pay a set fee for choice of breakfast and as much drinks as you like. The breakfast options include pancakes etc. Disclaimer: this was ten years ago when I was living there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

went to Kyoto today, went to see the 2 biggest shrines unfortunately missed out on going to see the tori gates, maybe next time. Tokyo is really fun the sales yesterday was a madness though! But I saw a 350z today finally! Also a 370 and 34gtr :D

The issue with breakfast is that they have nothing to accommodate for English to be honest so I just pick at stuff then go to the restaurants around lunch time, if your in a good hotel you might be alright. Have a good trip!

LOL . . . expecting to have a foreign country cater for "english"

Edited by DoogyRev
  • Like 6

I'm there now!

370 count is 0

Seen a gtr... In the shop.

A few 350s... 1 in the snow at hakuba , very impressed!

And to top it off, an nsx!!! In a carpark on the noto peninsula where I am now! That made my holiday, seeing that superstar!

Have seen a lovely nsx and not wanting them to cater for English but more like the country just doesn't have a breakfast menu, I find myself eating like pizza and stuff at their bakeries as I just can't find anything, please point me in the right direction

Edited by Jack wellZ

Was a Japanese guy who used to have fish and a beer every morning for breakfast - sat very smartly in his suit and tie necking a pint!

Tokyo is mega expensive place to own a car, might find more luck spotting sports cars in smaller cities?

• Like 1

Have seen a lovely nsx and not wanting them to cater for English but more like the country just doesn't have a breakfast menu, I find myself eating like pizza and stuff at their bakeries as I just can't find anything, please point me in the right direction

LMFAO

Pizza and bakeries it is then! I do the same routines with my friends here who are like you. I brought 10kg lidl vintage cheddar over for my mate who lives here as it's not on the menu here. Look on the bright side, the pizza and bakeries and beer and spirits are so cheap! Good for me too, Im just eating sushi, 1/4 UK prices!

• Like 1

LMFAO

Pizza and bakeries it is then! I do the same routines with my friends here who are like you. I brought 10kg lidl vintage cheddar over for my mate who lives here as it's not on the menu here. Look on the bright side, the pizza and bakeries and beer and spirits are so cheap! Good for me too, Im just eating sushi, 1/4 UK prices!

Resent paying £15 for a bowl of Miso Ramen that costs £4 in Japan.

UK is the worst for ripping folk off.

We are off to Japan for 2 weeks in June , cant wait. What the issue with breakfast?

I'm off there in June too :D But sadly only for a week. And also like you I'm trying to get into a Hilton group hotel as I have a 2 night voucher to use lol. We might end up in the same hotel. Ohh errr! ;)

OP have you been to the Nismo HQ in Yokohama? Here's a couple of links if you haven't, or if any other readers are interested:

http://paultan.org/2015/12/05/touring-nissans-amazing-zama-heritage-collection/

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/10/inside-nismo-a-day-at-omori-factory/

Keep up with reports on this please OP!

S.

LMFAO

Resent paying £15 for a bowl of Miso Ramen that costs £4 in Japan.

UK is the worst for ripping folk off.

I dearly hope when I'm out there I witness a waiter at a restaurant drop a bowl of this on someone's head and exclaim "Mi-soo clumsy!". I hope that's not classed as borderline racism. And if it is then I'm sorry!

S.

• Like 1

We are off to Japan for 2 weeks in June , cant wait. What the issue with breakfast?

I'm off there in June too :D But sadly only for a week. And also like you I'm trying to get into a Hilton group hotel as I have a 2 night voucher to use lol. We might end up in the same hotel. Ohh errr! ;)

OP have you been to the Nismo HQ in Yokohama? Here's a couple of links if you haven't, or if any other readers are interested:

http://paultan.org/2...age-collection/

http://www.speedhunt...-omori-factory/

Keep up with reports on this please OP!

S.

Planning on visiting the Nissan Engine museum but got a pretty tight schedule trying to jam a lot into 2 weeks. Going to Studio Ghibli as well which I am looking forward to

http://www.yokohamajapan.com/things-to-do/nissan-engine-museum/

I was in Japan pretty much constantly from 2007 through to 2009 & I'm not exaggerating when I say that wasn't enough time to see everything I wanted to.

Bite the bullet & arrange a return visit taking in some of the other sights you missed, you won't regret it. :-)

Man that sucks! Would love to go to the nismo hq if only I had found that earlier but leaving tomorrow morning so don't have time now 😭 I love this place I don't wanna go home! And I saw a black 350z in Kyoto so definetley out of the Tokyo area for cars

• 4 months later...

RichF - when are you in Tokyo?

I'm there 15-21 June and trying to arrange a trip to the 'not open to the public' Nissan Heritage Collection. If you're there at the same time let me know and I can see if anyone at Nissan UK HQ might put a good word in for a 350z-UK members visit!

Annoyed I've left sorting this so late!

S.

Squee / Rich, you guys are going to love Japan / Tokyo so much. We are planning to head back there in a year or so.

I would recommend checking out the Backstreet Guides ( http://www.thebackstreetguides.com/) If you have time. We had a private guide out to Kamakura (which was stunning) and another 1/2 day private tour around some of the older parts of Tokyo.

The guides were great and it really helped understand a bit more detail and culture.

• Like 1