New Year, New Car!!!

PMX

So I picked up my 370z yesterday and said a sad goodbye to my 350.

I have pre-ordered a Cobra exhaust and 25mm spacers from Mitz, so just waiting on a fitting date for these, can't wait for these to be done, the standard exhaust is so quiet, and the spacers should really improve the stance.

That's it for mods for now, Christmas, the purchase of the 370 and the exhaust has pretty much cleared me out.

I'm sure as I will be asking many (stupid) questions over the next few weeks, as I did when I bought the 350.....

• Like 1

Thanks guys....

I've returned the car to the garage as it has a couple of issues, don't want to into details just yet until I get some feedback!

Just enjoying my Honda Jazz courtesy car....

More updates to follow....and photos

Thanks guys....

I've returned the car to the garage as it has a couple of issues, don't want to into details just yet until I get some feedback!

Just enjoying my Honda Jazz courtesy car....

More updates to follow....and photos

Fingers crossed it all gets sorted sharpish!

nice move chap, i hope to make the move too one day.

standard for standard how do they compare? overall drive and experience

david

Depends on which 350z you are moving "up" from. I found back to back driving comparing my 350z HR against a 370z I preferred my 350z. The 370z just didnt feel as quick or as responsive to drive and certainly nowhere near as much fun. After an extended 3 day test drive of the 370z I just gave it back and kept my 350z.

I personally found the 370z looked narrower and longer due to the styling (whereas in reality its the other way around!) compared to the 350z and I preferred the stance/looks of the 350z HR.

What I did love about the 370z was the interior and the multimedia / sat nav system. The whole interior was a much better place to be, loads more up-to-date.

All personal preferences really! And im sure if you were jumping up from a 276bhp older Zed to the 370z you`d notice a massive difference. But in my case, from an 313HR to the 370 it wasnt really worth it.

• Like 1

Car collected tonight, all seems good, although I have only done 40 miles driving home on a busy dual carriageway!

Still no pics, maybe tomorrow or maybe Friday after the exhaust and spacers have been fitted.

I'm going to drive the car for a few days and will then post my thoughts and comparisons with the 350. I think I really need to compare once the exhaust has been fitted as the car just feels/sounds strange with the standard exhaust (this might be because I am just used to the Scorpion I had fitted to my 350)

First impressions though, the interior is really nice, multimedia/sat-nav is great.

Oddly enough the car feels quite a bit bigger than the 350 even though I know it's not.....but this should, hopefully, change as I get used to it.

Cobra exhaust and 25mm spacers fitted today at Cougar Store (great service as always Mitz)

Exhaust sounds great, not too loud below 3000 them all hell breaks loose, perfect!

Spacers feel ok, car feels 'planted' and it looks so much better.

Did about 150 miles today in the new zed, gave us a chance to bond a bit.

Got to be honest, wasn't sure about the 370 at first, but it is growing on me....(of course the exhaust has helped!!)

Still no proper photos, took a couple quick shots today but of the front of the car so you can't see the exhaust (what dumb a**) will post these up anyway from my phone

Anyway the car won't feel right until my PMX plate goes back on, then I will take some decent shots and post them up.....

Looks good, I think even from the pictures with the dark shading, it you can see the spaces at play, the big area / gap seems to be a lot less with the wheels below the arches not inset, I really prefer that look.

Where'd you get the spacers?

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've now owned the car a few weeks (although have been on holiday for a couple of weeks)

Positives....

Now the car has a Cobra exhaust, it sounds great.

Interior is such an improvement on the 350. The ICE is great, plays my iPod, etc.... Sat nav is very good

Car performs well, although can't really tell too much difference from the 350.

My daughter likes the look of the car, says it is less of a 'boy racer' car...I guess this is a good thing?

Negatives.....

Not too sure about the handling (I have started a separate thread on this) might just be the tyres but could be something else?

Bluetooth hands free is absolute pants, can't have a conversation at all....has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?

On a separate note, should I have the wheels powder coated? Black car.....suggestions please and photos, if possible?