Speed Bumps? How do 350Z's cope?

stanski

Hi

So speed bumps - the tarmac lump ones - what are Zed's like - are they tall enough to cope or is it a skim round the edge job?

I ask cause my local council have infested the roads wiv em round here?

Thanks

Stan

top stuff thanks - ok thats another tick in th provebial box.

dont know why they bother with them- they are useless - far better with width-restrictors - now they make you think and definitely slow you down! ;)

Funny watching Fiat Panda's or Nissan Micras' crossing over the tarmac lumps though! :lol:

Mine is fine over speed bumps, I have found multi story car parks a big no-no though

+1 or steep driveways , you have to go at angle because of the long wheel base otherwise :scare:

+2 Had to give up my parking space in the city as the Z bottomed out. Now I have to park on the street. :dry::angry:

Mine is fine over speed bumps, I have found multi story car parks a big no-no though

+1 or steep driveways , you have to go at angle because of the long wheel base otherwise :scare:

My resprayed bumper lasted a few weeks before I hit it coming off my drive at the wrong angle :rant:

Thats good news, the lane (farm track) to my house is 300 yards of potholes. The supra would make it unscathed at about 5 miles an hour. Missus not happy with me buying such an expensive car with our lane so I told her it would be fine :blush:

1 week 2 days to go :teeth:

oh blimey - started something here hav'nt I!

Low slung sports cars+speed bumps or multistories = expense! :wacko:

Hey wonder if we can use this Americanised culture to sue the councils for damage to our beloved cars ? (Apparently there is a European standard for these bumps so if you feel that bump at the bottom of your road is a little too steep and your £27 grand Zed has just lost an exhaust - have a surf about the web and measure the height of the bump - you never know your council may be liable ! ;) Worth a shot?

Incidentally did you know that if you are in a smash and you damage any street furniture (lamp posts etc) your delightful council will be on site quicker than the ambulance as they will sue you to claim back the money for any damage caused!! Great is'nt it.

No problem with speed bumps but she doesn't like ferries

Mine was very tight on the Ferry to Isle Of Mann, To get off they had to guide me out at an angle :blush: I had to park away from the ramp aswell because of the crappy handbrake :rant:

With OEM front bumper and 19" I might have hit the little plastic spoiler on a couple of occasions when going way too fast on big bumps. However, in general the car is fantastic over speed bumps. Faster than a average car in my opinion (not talking about S class with air suspension etc.)