Anyone Running Tein Springs + 19inch + Nismo kit

monkeybrain1234

As the tittle says, anyone running the following setup?

• Nismo Bodykit
  • 19 inch Wheels
  • Tein Springs

What are your experiences with this setup?

Speedbumps and car park ramp problems?

Any before & after Tein pictures?

Thinking of lowering mine, but wanted some advice from anyone running this kind of setup . . . . .Thanks :)

•  

Think Buster is running Teins for one, check out his build thread :) 18, 19 or 20 is irrelevant as you will keep the same rolling circumference with altering the tyre profile as close to std as possible so has no bearing on ride height :)

I agree about the rolling circumference. However since fitting my 19inch 370z wheels on my 350 I find it looks like it is riding higher than when the 18inch touring wheels. More than likely perception rather than anything else and them being 10j on the rear I suppose.

Just think a slight drop would enhance the look a little and not look as high.

iwdsuv2.jpg

hBWv8D9.jpg

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 3

Currently running that set up. No issues with speed bumps (so far), only scrape lightly on the rare occasion I'm forced to use a multi-story car park.

Only pic i have as I'm in work

Thanks for info Ozzy, if you have any before and after pics would really appreciate that.

Cheers

Check out my build thread..

Teins are a fairly sensible approach and can deal with daily issues no probs in my opinion..

Nice Z fella. Quite a lot of good mods you have done, kinetic manifold pipes look great. IMO the engine should have looked that way with chrome pipes out of the Nissan factory.

Did notice you do not have a body kit on yours, I think (correct me if wrong) but the Nismo kit makes the car bodywork lower to the ground than without. So just concerned the teins will give issues with me scrapping over ever bump on the road with the Nismo kit fitted.

• Like 1

Currently running that set up. No issues with speed bumps (so far), only scrape lightly on the rare occasion I'm forced to use a multi-story car park.

Only pic i have as I'm in work

Thanks for info Ozzy, if you have any before and after pics would really appreciate that.

Cheers

Haven't got any before or after photos I'm afraid, had my Teins fitted while i was on standard rays. I basically had the same worries as your self, after my research i found that most people with Teins and Nismo fronts/splitters rarely had any problems. Been running Teins with my Nismo V2 front for over a year and have only scraped the underside of the lip (not visible from the front) a hand full of times if that. Go for it, i doubt you'll have any problems :thumbs:

• Like 1

Not exactly your requirements, but I am running the same wheels as you, on Eibach springs, gives a really good drop, and I have not rubbing, was all a straight fit.

On Eibach's! I had Eibachs on my Alfa before and really happy with them. However on the Z the drop of them seems a bit too much especailly with the Nismo front lip and skirts. Although I wish I could have a 30mm drop on Eibachs and still be resonably practical, as it is my daily driver. P.s. For the record, I have seen pictures of your Z and it looks great, dropped and 370z wheels. Nice.

Not that it'll make a huge difference but what's the profile of the tyres on the front as the 370 profile is 40 on a 19" rim and 35 on a 350, 19" rim. Maybe that's why it seems a little higher, on the front at least.

Rears = 275/35/19

Zy9b4gM.jpg

Fronts = 245/40/19

n2JmX6n.jpg

Just feel there is a bit too much room !!!! :wacko:

Yep too high a profile on the front...should be 35 not 40 for a 350...btw love your motor that colour and wheel combo is bangin B)

Yeah problem is tyres have 6mm of thread left on them, so not really wanting to scrap them just for the profile matching at the moment. But nevertheless I do get your point, I believe the 35 and 40 are % of the tyre width, therefore:

on 245 front tyre

40% of 245 = 98mm

35% of 245 = 85.75mm

So a difference of 12.25mm ( I believe this is how its worked out) :wacko:

To be honest its the rears to me that look more pumped up than the fronts.