Cars too low :(

gstraw

Hey

I went out for a hard drive today and realised that the car is too low. It was just scraping and bottoming out on any dips in the road as such I wasn't able to drive it hard as I was more concerned about smashing my undercarriage! When I look under the car I'm shocked at exactly how low it is! The stock 370z is low but the arch gap makes it look incredibly high! This is really annoying tbh!

I'm lowered on eibach springs and have eibach ARBs installed.

I'm wondering what to do now. Stock springs don't look as nice. What about nismo springs? Are nismos lower than stock?

But disappointed tbh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey

I went out for a hard drive today and realised that the car is too low. It was just scraping and bottoming out on any dips in the road as such I wasn't able to drive it hard as I was more concerned about smashing my undercarriage! When I look under the car I'm shocked at exactly how low it is! The stock 370z is low but the arch gap makes it look incredibly high! This is really annoying tbh!

I'm wondering what to do now. Stock springs don't look as nice. What about nismo springs? Are nismos lower than stock?

But disappointed tbh!

Not sure for certain but I think the Nismo is slightly lower.

Coilovers if you want height adjustability.

Other springs options:

H&R Sport Springs

Rear Lowering: 1in

Front Lowering: 1.3in

Tanabe NF210 Springs

Front Spring Rate: 5.6kg/mm

Rear Spring Rate: 6.3kg/mm

Front Lowering: 1.2in

Rear Lowering: 1.2in

Eibach Sportline Springs

Rear Lowering: 1.2in

Front Lowering: 1.2in

Tein High Tech Spring Kit

Ride Height (F): -0.5in (-13mm)

Ride Height (F): -0.3in (-7mm)

Ride Height ®: -0.3in (-7mm)

Spring Rate ®: 375lbs/in (6.7kgf/mm)

Ride Height ®: -0.2in (-4mm)

Spring Rate (F): 359lbs/in (6.4kgf/mm)

Have a look here for other options:

http://www.torqen.uk/52-springs-shocks

• Like 1

Octet, I thought eibachs lowered the front more than the rear? I've got eibachs now. I thought it was 30mm front and 25mm back? Also found under hard braking the nose was diving more than I would like. Not sure I'm a fan of non linear springs tbh. It's a bit unpredictable.

Lol wonder if my shocks have gone!

I would say it could definitely be something like that. My commute is all B roads and I never have any crashing/bottoming out issues.

Tyre pressures checked since the temp dropped?

Hey

But disappointed tbh!

I have got a set of coilovers fitted that I am swapping for springs sounds like there could be a trade opertunity here?

Hey

But disappointed tbh!

I have got a set of coilovers fitted that I am swapping for springs sounds like there could be a trade opertunity here?

I'll PM you to discuss!

Yeah by lowering on springs I've found out a few issues.

1. Stock exhaust rubs on the Y pipe flex hose. There is a lot of space around the exhaust though and since most people get an aftermarket exhaust this isn't an issue. I've got a stock exhaust so this is a problem

Fix here is to get an exhaust place to lift my exhaust upwards. Can anyone confirm if aftermarket exhausts sit higher and closer to the undercarriage of the car?

2. The ball joint sits too low in comparison to the wishbone. You can get a kit apparently which compensates for this from drift works. Not having this makes the car steering quite skittish

3. The car is oversprung and under damped. The damper can't act fast enough since I've uprated the springs and the anti roll bar which is effectively a big Spring

4. Lastly the front nose scrapes.

My dampers are not leaking so I'm surprised that others have not felt any adverse issues from others who have done lowering springs. Either that or people have just done it for looks.

I think I'm gonna either go stock springs or I'm gonna go coil overs. Leaning more towards coilovers with the anti roll bars. Need adjustment on the dampers too and I will maybe just lower by 10-15mm until I don't need any extra camber arms or ball joint kits etc.

Also on lowering springs the camber is out by 1 degrees which is a lot

So in conclusion lowering springs are great for looks and for road use but there is defo a compromise on other characteristics. I was hammering it with 6 other cars (GTR, M6, S4 etc) and I was at the back because the car was just bottoming out and the dampers were not up to scratch.

Now....what coilovers do I get? Lol thinking of BC racing because they also have camber adjustability. They are around £700. KW V3 are around £1300 which is too much plus fitting.

Anyone have any experiences with coilovers they wish to share?

Edited by gstraw

MeisterR for me evey time. Had them on the MR2 which originally had springs and had issues with it being too low, then went to Tein coilovers which were great for track but no good for UK Roads. I then got introduced to MeisterR just after they developed new coilovers for the MR2.

From that point on I never looked back. Ride was better than OEM, yet I could raise or lower as much as I wanted due to the double perch. This meant that raising or lowering did not affect the ride. Definitely worth having a word with Jerrick from MeisterR.

Cannot comment on other coilovers as I have never used them........ Sure Adrian could come up with a comparable kit as well.

MeisterR for me evey time. Had them on the MR2 which originally had springs and had issues with it being too low, then went to Tein coilovers which were great for track but no good for UK Roads. I then got introduced to MeisterR just after they developed new coilovers for the MR2.

From that point on I never looked back. Ride was better than OEM, yet I could raise or lower as much as I wanted due to the double perch. This meant that raising or lowering did not affect the ride. Definitely worth having a word with Jerrick from MeisterR.

Cannot comment on other coilovers as I have never used them........ Sure Adrian could come up with a comparable kit as well.

Thanks for the response bud. Meister R do seem fairly decent. The design looks almost identical to the BC in terms of what is changeable and also the cost is the same too. Any idea how long the warranty is on the meister R? I like how they have camber adjustability too. Looked at Adrian's S type but they don't offer adjustability. Would need to go for his R series which is around £1300 and comparable in price to KW V3.

We're your teins camber adjustable? And what types of teins did you have? Think entry level can't change the camber

Thanks for the response bud. Meister R do seem fairly decent. The design looks almost identical to the BC in terms of what is changeable and also the cost is the same too. Any idea how long the warranty is on the meister R? I like how they have camber adjustability too. Looked at Adrian's S type but they don't offer adjustability. Would need to go for his R series which is around £1300 and comparable in price to KW V3.

We're your teins camber adjustable? And what types of teins did you have? Think entry level can't change the camber

The 350Z front coil overs will not have camber adjustibility.

Hey. Is that all 350z kits? The 370z fronts seem to have camber adjustability. Not sure how people can lower with out having camber adjustability :s

Hey. Is that all 350z kits? The 370z fronts seem to have camber adjustability. Not sure how people can lower with out having camber adjustability :s

The 350 and 370 both run double wishbones on the front, so camber is not adjustable from the top mount on the coil over or on OEM strut..

To adjust the camber you will have to replace the upper A arm with an after market adjustable type.