Z broken into last night - Could have been much worse, but...

RyanT

Hi all,

Got to my Z a moment ago to see the boot light on and the boot ajar... Weird. Whether that was me leaving it open originally and an opportunist? I don't know, although it looks likely. I can't see how else it could have happened as there's no damage.

Anyway I get in and see everything has been rifled through, luckily I don't keep anything of value in it.

However, stupidly all of my documentation (V5, MOT sheets, Service history etc) were still in the car from from a recent MOT which they've taken.

Now, I've been onto the DVLA and ordered a new V5, plus I've spoken to Nissan who said they should be able to re-do my service history book once my new V5 arrives, so fingers crossed that should be OK.

Anything else you clever lot think I should be doing / need to do?

Many thanks!

Ryan

Edited by RyanT

I'm amazed they found the glove box to rifle through! Either way filthy scumbags. :(

Christ that's a really good point actually... Now I'm even more annoyed than before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank-you.

Regarding keeping the key in the car, I know it's mental. It's just because I happened to have a recent MOT and chucked in the spare key for them.

Time to remove as much stuff as possible.

remove the battery, disconnect a few of the coil packs, unplug the throttle body unplug the MAF. if you have the tools id be looking to take off the steering wheel personally,

Do you have key cover on your insurance? also another cars in the house? might be worth trying to box in the zed if possible.