R33 GTR Vspec Modest Build Thread

Flex

Restick the oil cap label with Nismo the right way up please my OCD can't handle that ;)

Ditch the oil cap and replace it with a genuine nismo one :p

Is it registered yet? I picked mine up on Monday :teeth: been through 2 tanks of fuel already :lol:

Yeah she's all registered, just need tyres!!

Curious, as you're financially adept, how much have you budgeted for running costs etc?

Me or Ian? I havent budgeted lol, if I cant afford to do something on her, I'll just tuck her away until I have funds. She's the 2nd love of my life.

Curious, as you're financially adept, how much have you budgeted for running costs etc?

Me or Ian? I havent budgeted lol, if I cant afford to do something on her, I'll just tuck her away until I have funds. She's the 2nd love of my life.

+1 :lol:

:lol: Fair point, both of you if you don't mind as I'm going down this route. Just curious to see if running costs would be similar to my charged Z.

I doubt I'll be a good benchmark as she's not going to get more than a 3 thousand miles PA on her, depends on weather really.

3k sounds about right to me, mine isn't going to be used daily. :)

Hopefully not 3k pa running costs :lol: Doubt I could justify that!

Just buy a skyline and join our club :)

Yeah, I'm just finishing up a property purchase then I'll get one I think... I'm going for a 32 though. :)

• Like 1

3k sounds about right to me, mine isn't going to be used daily. :)

Hopefully not 3k pa running costs :lol: Doubt I could justify that!

Just buy a skyline and join our club :)

Yeah, I'm just finishing up a property purchase then I'll get one I think... I'm going for a 32 though. :)

Awesome!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Running costs will be a lot more than a boosted Z

I drove mine home from Newcastle on Monday & I went through about £120 of fuel :lol:

That was not going above 80 all the way down and using motorway all the way :scare:

I drove mine home from Newcastle on Monday & I went through about £120 of fuel :lol:

That was not going above 80 all the way down and using motorway all the way :scare:

Fuel isn't too much of a problem but the servicing costs etc seems to be a bit of a mystery.

Fuel isn't too much of a problem but the servicing costs etc seems to be a bit of a mystery.

On my last GTR I found servicing costs to be the same as any other car.

The only difference being when it came to doing the timing belt - Cheapest quote I had for that was £750

On my last GTR I found servicing costs to be the same as any other car.

The only difference being when it came to doing the timing belt - Cheapest quote I had for that was £750

Ah okay, that's pretty spicy but for a one off cost it's not too bad.

edit: sorry to take over your thread Flex, I'm done.... For now. :p

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

I picked mine up on Saturday last week. Had a blast on the way home, very quick indeed! I managed 200 miles on about £30-£35 of fuel, mostly at 60mph with the occasional blast.

I had a quote for a full service (Inc cam belt) and RR tune from Abbey £1500! So no, not a cheap car to own if want the best for it. However as I also will only be doing minimal mileage it's purely my toy it's worth it spread over a few years

• Like 1

I picked mine up on Saturday last week. Had a blast on the way home, very quick indeed! I managed 200 miles on about £30-£35 of fuel, mostly at 60mph with the occasional blast.

I had a quote for a full service (Inc cam belt) and RR tune from Abbey £1500! So no, not a cheap car to own if want the best for it. However as I also will only be doing minimal mileage it's purely my toy it's worth it spread over a few years

PICS?

• 1 month later...

How's the R33 going Flex? :)

:lol: my new tyres are just doing a circuit of europe on the back of a lorry. One day they might arrive in the UK, possibly.

Supposed to be being despatched Monday but we'll see, only 3 weeks since my order so I can't expect too much :lol:

• Like 1